Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next step?
I live in California. I was injured on the job. I have been found MMI. I have been receiving workmans comp payments. I need a knee replacement but can do sit down type jobs. Once found MMI do the workmans comp payments stop? What would be the next step? Some have suggested I get a lawyer. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

there are many different types of payments based on the particular situation.
it is likely your disability may be permanent partial.
payments will be switched as your disability changed.
more on the amounts
http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/WorkersCompens...nefits.htm
more on differences
http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/WCFaqIW.html#PDBenefits

the extent of your disability will be rated and then paid.
if you wish to object or dispute your benefits you can litigate your claim with the comp court.
professional representation will be helpful if you decide to go that way.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Will I continue to receive current payments until the rating is completed? My permanent work restrictions are no prolonged standing or walking n precludes kneeling and squatting. I will go read those links now. Thank you!!

Also I went to my QME on Tuesday. DO they go by the rating of my dr or my QME dr or a combination of both. Must they wait for the QME report before making any changes? Thank you.

(05-16-2014, 03:11 PM)troutfan Wrote: Will I continue to receive current payments until the rating is completed? My permanent work restrictions are no prolonged standing or walking n precludes kneeling and squatting. I will go read those links now. Thank you!!

unknown.
permanent disability is capped at a lower amount (see the link already posted)
the carrier only has to advance based on a reasonable estimate of your rating.

yes generally a QME corrects and replaces the treating doctor's opinion as it is used to resolve disputes.
yes they generally wait for the specific information and findings contained in the written report.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

OK great. Thank you for the information. It is much appreciated. I will be having at least a consultation with a lawyer so I am better informed. Thanks for the links as well. Ive rad through that information and am reading more.

(05-16-2014, 03:59 PM)troutfan Wrote: OK great. Thank you for the information. It is much appreciated. I will be having at least a consultation with a lawyer so I am better informed. Thanks for the links as well. Ive rad through that information and am reading more.
generally attys do little informing or educationally.
if you read the links, you'll be far ahead of the average client.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is the next step? Lostandconfused 0 610 02-01-2019, 11:48 PM
Last Post: Lostandconfused
  ttd check question and next step questions queenlee 3 2,187 03-26-2017, 10:30 AM
Last Post: queenlee
  What s next step new york man 8 7,822 08-14-2014, 06:42 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Next Step.... momof1 5 5,732 04-07-2011, 02:38 AM
Last Post: momof1
  Which step is first for a dismissal??? soconfused 1 3,046 11-26-2010, 06:21 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Not sure what my next step shoud be.. Vivian 10 9,043 12-14-2009, 07:33 PM
Last Post: inpainokla
  Whats the Next step Jay2jay 6 6,745 08-20-2009, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Jay2jay
  Next step? oh my back 4 4,231 08-20-2009, 08:10 AM
Last Post: Jay2jay
Smile New Update- Next Step, Will it Hurt?.... leavntn 4 4,120 03-05-2009, 05:28 AM
Last Post: leavntn
Smile Update : Next step.....will it hurt? leavntn 20 12,079 02-01-2009, 03:22 AM
Last Post: fireball