Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting paid
I was wondering if someone can answer a question regarding payment of Workers Compensation funds.
I live in Ohio and work for a privately insured manufacturer. I recently (okay....6 months ago, but its taken this long too wade thru the muck) sustained a back injury that is going to require a fusion to repair. Being that the company is self insured, I am dealing with a private firm with regard to receiving my approved disability pay.
My question is...what are the laws regarding when they are required to disburse funds to me? I have been off since December and received one check paying me thru March 3rd (when my claim was initially approved), but have had nothing since that payment. Are they required to pay regularly, or do I have to call and ask them to pay me on a weekly/monthly (or in their case...quarterly) basis?
I received my first check on March 3rd, but that was only after calling them and asking them why I hadn't been paid yet. The kind lady on the other end of the line said "Oh, I guess I have everything I need...I guess I can pay you." Do I have to repeat this process every time I need to get paid?
Any help offered would be appreciated greatly! Thanks in advance.

administrators for self-insured employers are subject to the same claims rules as an insurance carrier.
lost time has to be approved by an authorized physician.
make sure your treating doctors are notifying the carrier of your disability status.
you maybe entitled to penalties for unreasonable delay.
contact the BWC:
You may call 1-800-OHIOBWC from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday to speak with a representative
follow it up with a complaint letter with a copy to the administrator.
you may also wish to notify the employer of your problems.

you can also contact the ombuds office for help with disputes:
Phone: 1-800-335-0996
Fax: 1-877-321-9481
E-mail: ombudsperson@bwc.state.oh.us

more information on workers comp in OHIO here
https://www.bwc.ohio.gov/worker/forms/pu...=417980662
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(04-27-2014, 06:54 PM)Skoobi Wrote: I was wondering if someone can answer a question regarding payment of Workers Compensation funds.
I live in Ohio and work for a privately insured manufacturer. I recently (okay....6 months ago, but its taken this long too wade thru the muck) sustained a back injury that is going to require a fusion to repair. Being that the company is self insured, I am dealing with a private firm with regard to receiving my approved disability pay.
My question is...what are the laws regarding when they are required to disburse funds to me? I have been off since December and received one check paying me thru March 3rd (when my claim was initially approved), but have had nothing since that payment. Are they required to pay regularly, or do I have to call and ask them to pay me on a weekly/monthly (or in their case...quarterly) basis?
I received my first check on March 3rd, but that was only after calling them and asking them why I hadn't been paid yet. The kind lady on the other end of the line said "Oh, I guess I have everything I need...I guess I can pay you." Do I have to repeat this process every time I need to get paid?
Any help offered would be appreciated greatly! Thanks in advance.

I am in Ohio, you should be getting pd temporary total payments every two weeks. You must file a C84 form this has to be signed by you and your treating Dr,\. Here is a link to the Ohio BWC and the guidelines for getting pd TTD.
https://www.bwc.ohio.gov/downloads/blankpdf/temptot.pdf
I hope this help you, do you have an Attorney is so they can help with you getting your payments. Also you can send me a private message on here and I will be glad to try and help you.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

(04-27-2014, 07:14 PM)1171 Wrote: administrators for self-insured employers are subject to the same claims rules as an insurance carrier.
lost time has to be approved by an authorized physician.
make sure your treating doctors are notifying the carrier of your disability status.
you maybe entitled to penalties for unreasonable delay.
contact the BWC:
You may call 1-800-OHIOBWC from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday to speak with a representative
follow it up with a complaint letter with a copy to the administrator.
you may also wish to notify the employer of your problems.

you can also contact the ombuds office for help with disputes:
Phone: 1-800-335-0996
Fax: 1-877-321-9481
E-mail: ombudsperson@bwc.state.oh.us

more information on workers comp in OHIO here
https://www.bwc.ohio.gov/worker/forms/pu...=417980662

Thank you for your response. I have reviewed the link you supplied. Lots of very helpful information.
I will be contacting my employer and attorney.
Thanks again!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Over paid TTD UKguy961 2 1,455 03-08-2017, 07:30 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Do I get paid? David Knutsen 2 4,604 04-26-2010, 01:13 PM
Last Post: 1171
  New here-When will I get paid? mre0609 9 11,616 03-22-2010, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  WC has not paid me. dmma 6 5,514 12-03-2009, 09:57 PM
Last Post: Gatekeeper
Question Getting paid gmomma 7 5,104 07-30-2009, 02:11 PM