Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MRI of cervical spine
Had an MRI of the cervical spine last week, increased headaches and migraines, neck and shoulder pain, nerve pain down the arms.

Had an ACDF of C5-6 2011 and the MRI reads I have a herniation again of C5-6 although it is mild at this time.

The MRI also reads at the inferior c-5 level there is posterior hypertrophy narrowing the subarachnoid space. The anterior subarachnoid space is also narrowed then it talks about stenosis.

The summary mentions compression of the central aspect of the thecal sac but no nerve root compression.

I would think the MRI gives reason for my symptoms although I do feel blessed it is not worse.

It's nice to figure out a reason, but being herniated, does that mean it's leaking....? Is this the area from which that quack damaged you.. It just never ends......Hope you get feeling better..

Yes it is Bronco, this is from the work comp doctor who injured me.

I compared this MRI reading to the one done last year at the spine hospital.and this MRI doesn't mention the level above the fusion being herniated also.

I am a little disappointed as the ACDF was 2011.

(04-15-2014, 11:44 AM)Bummer Knees Wrote: Yes it is Bronco, this is from the work comp doctor who injured me.

I compared this MRI reading to the one done last year at the spine hospital.and this MRI doesn't mention the level above the fusion being herniated also.

I am a little disappointed as the ACDF was 2011.

Hopefully it don't get any worse, unfortunately its seems to be a chain reaction. This is one of the main reasons why I opted out of mine for my low back and of course my weight.. You hear a lot of good with the new artificial disk implants, but do they use this procedure with the cervical...?

When I had the surgery it was not a matter of choice, it was a matter of getting it done ASAP.

I had nerve entrapment on both sides of C-5. pressure on the spine and was loosing the use of my arms.

One year after surgery the MRI showed breaking down of the level above the fusion. Last year it was the level of the fusion showing changes.

Doctor told me to start massage therapy, think I will get a script for it so I can take it off on my taxes.

As I said earlier I do fortunate as it could be worse, a lot worse.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question on cervical spine Bummer Knees 10 5,373 05-26-2014, 08:32 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Question about CT scan for cervical spine Bummer Knees 7 6,632 08-31-2012, 10:21 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Cervical spine Bummer Knees 22 12,770 03-27-2012, 04:59 PM
  Questions about the cervical spine Bummer Knees 2 2,694 06-30-2011, 10:26 AM
  LSI- Laser Spine Institute.. bronco54501 5 5,326 08-12-2009, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Tuffy
  Spine Stimulator Keeping the faith 3 3,881 05-18-2009, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  Use as Example Only, Spine Guide Bad Boy Bad Boy 7 4,511 04-10-2008, 06:51 PM
Last Post: stiffnecked
  Injured nurse.......doctor cancelled spine surgery Bummer Knees 25 9,649 02-13-2008, 10:17 PM
  Results of biopsy of the spine Bummer Knees 21 9,608 06-07-2007, 02:23 PM