Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawyer Quit at critical time
DELETED

what state laws is your claim under?
has your atty requested to be dismissed?
how did the lawyer terminate the representation?
are you representing yourself now?
"unresponsive" can mean many things.
it's difficult to evaluate the seriousness of the situation without a bit more detail.
what types of cummunication have failed?
do you have access to a para-legal or legal secretary in the office?
have you filed a complaint with your state atty ethics agency?

has your atty failed to make court appearances or missed filing or other legally important dates?
is your atty a member of a multi-atty firm?

you can ask your atty to refer you to another atty who might be able to take the case.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(04-11-2014, 04:46 PM)1171 Wrote: what state laws is your claim under?
has your atty requested to be dismissed?
how did the lawyer terminate the representation?
are you representing yourself now?
"unresponsive" can mean many things.
it's difficult to evaluate the seriousness of the situation without a bit more detail.
what types of cummunication have failed?
do you have access to a para-legal or legal secretary in the office?
have you filed a complaint with your state atty ethics agency?

has your atty failed to make court appearances or missed filing or other legally important dates?
is your atty a member of a multi-atty firm?

you can ask your atty to refer you to another atty who might be able to take the case.

DELETE

sounds like he reviewed the case and decided the amount of work you will require from here on out will be more then he's wiling to commit to-especially for the often reduced fees comp pays.
that is not something that some attys will admit to but is often a practical business decision.
sometimes clients bring more issues to the surface and demand more time/attention then the atty feels is worth it-- especially if it's a large firm with many many clients with simpler needs.
I think you need to contact more then 2 attys in your search for a replacement.
try the small independent practices with only one or two attys. they are often hungrier and maybe willing to share a fee
here are some resources:
http://www.illinoislawyerfinder.com/
http://www.avvo.com/free-legal-advice/Wo...c=illinois
https://www.wilg.org/index.cfm?pg=publicdirectory

if you still can't find one have your atty find one for you.
he is still your atty until the court record is officially changed

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

DELETE

if he's the managing partner of the firm he should have the resources and acumen to handle the issues.
at least you're represented for the short term and you have some options for the long term.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

DELETE

I had a different situation but it came down to not having a lawyer. SSD case...nobody would take my case. I guess most felt my case was not winnable. Finely I found one in Atlanta (Im from NY where there are plenty of lawyers) He won the case for me first time. Good to hear your comfortable with your new attorney. I interested in how the first and second attorneys are going to get payed however.

nightdriver

DELETE

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ust now Can I quit my job and do freelance work during workers comp? caworkerscompqs 1 855 01-30-2019, 04:32 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Lawyer Quit Shadow 4 862 07-10-2018, 04:50 PM
Last Post: Shadow
  Wanting to quit job for awhile...now out on leave... What to do? darkenedflame01 4 4,064 06-07-2016, 02:32 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Need to quit but need to keep seeing MD! claire51870 4 2,262 02-19-2016, 01:11 AM
Last Post: claire51870
  I was injured and then I quit my job Mrbigstuff 10 8,554 01-22-2016, 06:45 PM
Last Post: Mrbigstuff
  TN Fired after WC claim, Quit light duty job after Surgery Tango 3 3,588 03-27-2015, 11:08 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Should I quit or wait to be fired? I NEED HELP! ajdrivesayota 5 7,944 02-23-2015, 07:50 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Time for new lawyer? NY tbear6410 9 4,542 10-30-2014, 12:34 PM
Last Post: tbear6410
  Can I quit my job? needhelp 5 8,995 02-28-2014, 03:59 PM
Last Post: Manley2
Question I quit, what now? speakeasy 5 6,251 04-08-2012, 02:18 AM
Last Post: AQA