Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
psych report
I have to go see the qme. Should I take psych report with me?

you can give a copy to the receptionist if you wish.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I don't know what the report says. I called my doctor, and was told patients aren't allowed to have copies of that report. Being I rep myself, can I ask for a copy as the att?

And do I even want to include his report? I received copies of all medical reports from the da, but it did not include the psych report. Or any reports from my ptp for all of 2013. I have since gotten those copies to include with the ones from da. I was wondering if it would be a good ideal to get copies of psych report to include. Or is this something I should keep separate?

obviously you can't take the report with you if you don't have it.

the doctor should have all medical records.
don't make it more complicated.
have the psyche send a copy to the QME.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thanks 1171. I was thinking of doing just that. I was just wondering if it will have any bearing on qme report. I am going to qme for a final rating. I know that my psych will give his own rating, so having psych report sent, is something I only want to do if it effects the qme rating.

it affects the QME rating.
as you can see from the DWC website the QME compiles all the information from any other physicians and gives a rating based on all the factors including psyche.
http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/medicalUnit/faqIW.html
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thanks 1171. That helps a lot.

(03-31-2014, 09:42 PM)dolphins Wrote: Thanks 1171. That helps a lot.

In my opinion since you are representing yourself, you should have access to ALL medical reports. I read something about this and will send you a pm when I find it. Due process mandates that while pro per, you will have to be provided a copy of your report in order to prosecute his claim before the WCAB..(IMHO) There have been different opinion about this, especially if the QME states the report can cause you harm.

I would want to read the psych report BEFORE you give it to the QME. What if it gives you zero PD rating and says malingering etc. That is worse case scenario, but I think you understand where I am coming from. I agree with 1171 that the QME needs all information from other QME's to write a final report and add PD ratings etc, but check this with an I&A officer to be sure. Some rules have changed since SB863.

I disagree the defense sends all records, in fact in my opinion they leave out records(sometimes) that shows the extent of an injury. You should have received a cover letter from the defense listing what they sent, at least 20 days before your exam. Did you? Don't trust them to send everything, because I have seen many instances they leave out important records. Letting the defense control what records are being sent, can be a mistake.

I would want to look through it, and make sure the QME has everything you want him to have. In turn you are supposed to also let the defense know what you are sending. I would do this in writing. You can contact an I&A officer for help with this to make sure everything is being done correctly.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

if you have to go to the I&A officer to check things why come to public website at all?
you might as well bring them all your questions.
In my opinion you can trust the information on the DWC website link I provided.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(04-01-2014, 01:18 AM)1171 Wrote: if you have to go to the I&A officer to check things why come to public website at all?
you might as well bring them all your questions.
In my opinion you can trust the information on the DWC website link I provided.

I completely agree with you 1171. I do find that web-site can be difficult for some to navigate, and has SO much information. Sometimes, it can be easier to get the information from an I&A officer. I think both are good resources, and I also think you are a good resource yourself, for all on this site.

Another reason why I recommended the I&A officer, as it sounds like this point in this claim has to do with rating. I am also concerned about bringing a medical report to a QME. MRI's and testing's are usually o.k. but I have read some defense attorney's have attempted to get rid of the QME on ground's of injured worker not sending list of reports 20 days in advance to defense. This issue has been under debate, and I want to make sure Dolphin' does everything correctly, to ensure the best outcome for him/her.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can my defense attorney obtain records from my psychiatrist for my non-psych claim? caworkerscompqs 2 794 01-30-2019, 01:05 AM
Last Post: 1171
  PQME's PS Report v/s PTP's PS Report? neckpain101 6 5,838 10-01-2015, 05:13 PM
  Suffering psych client ssaattyca 4 4,091 02-16-2010, 12:38 PM
  Here is the website for those who need information on Psych chasnrnbos 0 2,405 09-07-2009, 12:08 PM
Last Post: chasnrnbos
  WC ordered neuro-psych exam, what can I expect lpninct 14 24,029 08-13-2009, 10:03 AM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  extensive psych eval and UR meyea 1 3,493 08-26-2008, 07:58 PM