Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Near settlement
I am currently receiving pd advances and my attorney sent a settlement demand letter a few weeks ago to settle via stipulations and future medical. My final rating has been determined by my attorney and I'm back to work regular duty. How long does the ic usually take to accept to settle with these terms or not?

many times they won't respond if they don't like the offer.
you can always force the issue by getting a court date but as long as you are getting advances and treatment there is not much to gain from signing papers or get court approval.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(03-16-2014, 11:28 PM)1171 Wrote: many times they won't respond if they don't like the offer.
you can always force the issue by getting a court date but as long as you are getting advances and treatment there is not much to gain from signing papers or get court approval.
Very true,

Thank you

I don't know what state your from, but in CA. you can't force them to buy out your FM. Just like they can't force you to sell it. It has to be agreed by both parties. My MSA come back so high, the IC say's they don't want to buy me out. Can't force them. And I'm just wondering, if you are back to "regular work duty" how can you have any FM to sell?

it's not rare; many people go to the doctors for treatment while working regular jobs. It's called sick leave.
with sick leave employers allow a worker so many hours of paid time off for valid medical reasons, appointments, etc.
if you are out more the allowed hours you won't get paid for the time off. it's pretty common for workers to get and use sick leave.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(03-31-2014, 04:37 PM)dolphins Wrote: I don't know what state your from, but in CA. you can't force them to buy out your FM. Just like they can't force you to sell it. It has to be agreed by both parties. My MSA come back so high, the IC say's they don't want to buy me out. Can't force them. And I'm just wondering, if you are back to "regular work duty" how can you have any FM to sell?
I think you might have gotten confused from the original question that I posted. I meant to say, "settle via stipulations with future medical". I didn't mean compromise and release. Also in a stipulation, wouldn't future medical cover the injured body part whether or not you are back to full duty work? My doctor mentioned that he recommended future medical. I had an l5 Microdiscectomy. Thank you.