Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anxiety
I have "moderate" Anxiety. I take 1 mg of Ativan 3-4 times a day to help. My Anxiety comes from worrying about sickness that has exposed itself in my body. One of the sicknesses is Chronic (Cystitis of the bladder) ; There is no cure for it. It is not life threatening but painful.

I am able to manage my back issues which resulted from a work related injury. I also have a heart condition but I had surgery 2 weeks ago to hopefully fix this issue.

I hate taking narcotics, or Benzos but I need the relief.

Any suggestions on battling Anxiety beside Ativan? My family life is great; My Wife is a Gem of a woman who is always there for me.

Thanks
Had a car wreck in 2003 while on the job. Settled in Jan. 2012 with Indemnity pay and a MSA. Approved for SSDI in March 2006. Was declared PTD at IME in 2009. Took approx 3 years to finalize the WC settlement. ALWAYS use spread language when settling Indemnity or SSA will nail your fanny.

I have found the only place I can turn to is the Lord he will help when no one or anything does
worry changes nothing prayer changes every thing

A major issue for me from that depression/anxiety onset has been my walk with God. I put up a wall because all my life i've been made to believe this condition was caused from sin in your life. I couldn't believe it when i had my breakdown due to work, but this is what the church thinks. So i stopped going and my spiritual life greatly was affected. For the most part, the church is not educated or able to deal with people who suffer depression. It's always, if you pray, God will heal you. Well meaning people, but human, and they judge you. That turned me off because i knew my condition was a medical issue. Finally, I came across this article. Someone gets it!!! Don't get me wrong, i am a Christian but have been made to feel defected and rejected by my beliefs. Hope this helps you.

http://www.relevantmagazine.com/god/chur...nd-anxiety
Let Go, and Let God......

(03-14-2014, 01:42 PM)chrischris Wrote: A major issue for me from that depression/anxiety onset has been my walk with God. I put up a wall because all my life i've been made to believe this condition was caused from sin in your life. I couldn't believe it when i had my breakdown due to work, but this is what the church thinks. So i stopped going and my spiritual life greatly was affected. For the most part, the church is not educated or able to deal with people who suffer depression. It's always, if you pray, God will heal you. Well meaning people, but human, and they judge you. That turned me off because i knew my condition was a medical issue. Finally, I came across this article. Someone gets it!!! Don't get me wrong, i am a Christian but have been made to feel defected and rejected by my beliefs. Hope this helps you.

http://www.relevantmagazine.com/god/chur...nd-anxiety

Thank you for that article. I actually attend a Pentecostal Church. I have heard that Anxiety/Depression is not of God. I have seen hands layed on individuals casting out that spirit of confusion. They will say God is not the Author of Confusion....... I have seen a lot of crazy "things" at Full Gospel Church's but all are not the same.......

Now, I am still Full Gospel Pentecostal to the bone. I believe God heals the sick,mends the broken heart and Jesus is the Son of God who died over 2000+ years ago and he did die for our sins and sickness on that Cross at Calvary.

BUT I do not believe Sickness is of the Devil or I am sick because of sin in my life. The Church I attend does not believe that way either. They pray for the sick,broken heart and above all salvation. If sickness is caused by Sin, The Apostle Paul is the biggest sinner of all because he was always sick.

Anyway, God is GOOD ALL THE TIME. Also God created the Fantastic Doctors who are able to help us.
Had a car wreck in 2003 while on the job. Settled in Jan. 2012 with Indemnity pay and a MSA. Approved for SSDI in March 2006. Was declared PTD at IME in 2009. Took approx 3 years to finalize the WC settlement. ALWAYS use spread language when settling Indemnity or SSA will nail your fanny.

Earlier tonight I watched Dr Sanjay Gupta on CNN, the documentary is on Marijuana. He had people on there with pain and depression, they all said smoking pot helps with depression and people said it helps pain. He thinks they are correct and it will help people.
Get some pot and try and see if it will help you.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

I am one that suffers from anxiety too, it is managed fairly well now with fluoxetine. At first it was a nightmare trying to figure this darn thing out, finding what things trigger it on and how to calm yourself. After my mva I returned to work driving truck I kept getting episodes of chest pains, couldn't breath, felt like I was dying. After a few attacks (bad ones) and a few e.r. visits they hospitalized me and it was a dr that I never seen before diag me and linked it to my wc accident. Being I flat lined many times from mva and with surgeries, the fear of dying and not being able to breathe brings it on even with medication. My calmer fix is to call someone, just talking eases it down for me, many times I come on here and read, post anything to get my mind off of it.

I'm not real big on the church happenings, but I do believe in god with my heart and mind.. When I was a young teen we were kind of outcasted from our calvery babtist church, saying we must not believe in god because we didn't attend very often. My oldest brother had a heart condition and we were often at the mayo clinic. Ever since then I don't have no use for our church, but my faith is still with god. When my wife and I got married (different religion), we both converted, and the preacher was dumb founded during one of our sessions. The question was, Do you agree the church has everything to do with our daily lifes.. Of course I'm stuck in my ways and said absolutely not, I don't need no church to tell me they should be number 1, god is number 1 in my life...... Maybe I'm twisted a bit, but in reality I'm correct.

(03-14-2014, 11:48 AM)fatboy Wrote: I have "moderate" Anxiety. I take 1 mg of Ativan 3-4 times a day to help. My Anxiety comes from worrying about sickness that has exposed itself in my body. One of the sicknesses is Chronic (Cystitis of the bladder) ; There is no cure for it. It is not life threatening but painful.

I am able to manage my back issues which resulted from a work related injury. I also have a heart condition but I had surgery 2 weeks ago to hopefully fix this issue.

I hate taking narcotics, or Benzos but I need the relief.

Any suggestions on battling Anxiety beside Ativan? My family life is great; My Wife is a Gem of a woman who is always there for me.

Thanks

If there is any way to walk or swim etc to increase your heart rate, that is a good way to combat anxiety and depression, exercise. It is difficult for some to exercise due to an injury. If you cannot walk for example, then maybe a heated pool. Stretch, lift light weights, whatever your doctor recommends. Increasing your heart rate will cause a chemical change in your brain and help with anxiety and depression. You mentioned a heart condition, and that you just had surgery, so I would follow what your doctor recommend and take it slow. After my surgery for example, I used a soup can while I was laying down and lifted it in the air to strengthen my arms, then I changed it out to a two pound weight, then 4 pound etc. I started walking short distances, then slowly added distance. I know of other patients who cannot walk due to injuries, and go to a heated pool.

Also, many people stop doing the things they did before their injury. It will help you to slowly incorporate the things pre-injury, that you are still physically able to do (example having a friend over for coffee). Keep in contact with your friends and family.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

(03-15-2014, 04:14 AM)Cervical_Fusion Wrote: Earlier tonight I watched Dr Sanjay Gupta on CNN, the documentary is on Marijuana. He had people on there with pain and depression, they all said smoking pot helps with depression and people said it helps pain. He thinks they are correct and it will help people.
Get some pot and try and see if it will help you.

No thanks but I appreciate the well thought out comment.
Anxiety in my life is a serious issue. Weed is illegal where I live as it is in most of the USA "currently".

I can go ape crap for no reason and out of the blue I am on Zoloft for that reason. My church came looking for me several of the ladies shopped in my store and they came to me.Bill and I altho we believed we didnt belong to a church. We do go there now they love us more than I could ever believe anyone could love us. I still go thru bouts of depression I find a book to emerce my self in or call one of my church sisters and they are there pretty fast. And buddy we are as far away as a phone call.PM me if you want my number and I will give it to you
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

(03-16-2014, 12:20 PM)jayne Wrote: I can go ape crap for no reason and out of the blue I am on Zoloft for that reason. My church came looking for me several of the ladies shopped in my store and they came to me.Bill and I altho we believed we didnt belong to a church. We do go there now they love us more than I could ever believe anyone could love us. I still go thru bouts of depression I find a book to emerce my self in or call one of my church sisters and they are there pretty fast. And buddy we are as far away as a phone call.PM me if you want my number and I will give it to you

Thanks for the extended generosity Jayne. My Anxiety is from my illnesses. I am daily praying for healing from this Anxiety. I despise being on Ativan but it does help.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stress and Anxiety fatboy 15 13,137 06-03-2018, 07:43 AM
Last Post: kevinsteve
  Yoga breathing for anxiety and depression video California_Help 0 2,355 09-29-2016, 12:46 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Yoga breathing for anxiety and depression video California_Help 0 1,984 09-29-2016, 12:45 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Dependency causes anxiety lucky 4 2,844 02-01-2012, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion