Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
confused whether to settle
Ok - I have received a tenative settlement offer - IC was reqrd to fo a MSA - number came in higher than inital but the settlement amt didnt change. Big concern is that I am not MMI on some of the injuries and have developed issues that I am pretty sure are are consequential to work injuries. I dont want to keep fighting the system but I also dont want to be left to self provide for anything that happens in future. Some of the meds I am on are not covered by medicare and others were deemed not related to accident but interestingly IC has been paying for them. I know fighting the system is not easy but I dont know that I can weather the storm on an emotional level.

Advice from those who settled while on medicare and is it working or not for you and what gap plans are avaialble for injured workers that receive SSDI before age 65

(03-07-2014, 08:52 PM)vinga Wrote: Ok - I have received a tenative settlement offer - IC was reqrd to fo a MSA - number came in higher than inital but the settlement amt didnt change. Big concern is that I am not MMI on some of the injuries and have developed issues that I am pretty sure are are consequential to work injuries. I dont want to keep fighting the system but I also dont want to be left to self provide for anything that happens in future. Some of the meds I am on are not covered by medicare and others were deemed not related to accident but interestingly IC has been paying for them. I know fighting the system is not easy but I dont know that I can weather the storm on an emotional level.

Advice from those who settled while on medicare and is it working or not for you and what gap plans are avaialble for injured workers that receive SSDI before age 65

would love some feedback please

it maybe a while before someone with those particular circumstances happens by.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Most lawyers dont like for you to gain SSDI before you settle, the setaside can take a year or so to be agreed on sometimes less sometimes more.Its a bunch of time and paperwork involved. But if you arent MMI you shouldnt settle
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Even though the thought of getting them out of your life is over whelming, It would and could be costly to you. I had multi injuries and mmi was said after the 1st year on some of the injuries then 2 years later the rest. I was injured in 2007 and settled aug 2013 but did not need a msa because 1 I have not been awarded ssdi and 2 we went with open medical. I would talk with your dr before you decide, ask what he/she thinks your outcome will be and treatments down the rd..

Well I wish I fit the person you are looking for to answer your question. Trust me I'd like to get settled, it has been over 8 years now. Got SSDI about 4 years ago now but not settled yet. Not sure how my meds would work if we ever do settle because I know if I had to use medicare for my meds it would run several hundred dollars a month. Now I thought this is what the set-a-side was suppose to be used for but I'm still not sure how that works. Right now my meds run around $1200 a month if I had to just pay cash for them