Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
michigan light duty
Once you get injured your 20 years there means nothing to them. Your number now is how much is this going to cost them to get you out of their hair. They came up with a job for you for one of 2 reasons. One they decided they didn't want to keep paying for you to be off so they decide to make something for you to do or they want to screw with you in hopes you will quit or do things outside your restrictions. Go to work and do what is within your restrictions and nothing more. If doing that cause more pain see your doctor and tell him what is going on because he might need to change your restriction. Don't think of any of these people at work as your friends, they just want to save money now

Why do "most" employers do this to injured employees? It just irks me. What's the purpose of a Return To Work program anyway? Seriously, when an employee misses time from work due to an injury, the very first question they ask the Insurance carrier is how soon can I fire said employee.

Ask your site union rep if there is a RTW plan in place and get a copy of it. You might want to have union rep set up appt with you, him/her, and HR to put a RTW plan on paper, specific to your restrictions.

Don't quit.
Let Go, and Let God......

just a update.. I got ahold of my union rep he of course hasn't gotten back with me about anything , I had my second opinion done and that doctor told me he recommended I had a EMG done and then surgery. Now I Have to wait to see what Workmans comp is doing to do.. I don't know how long I have to wait for my surgery to be approved or the next step. I am very new to all this .. I am still doing my light duty the doctor took me down to 4 hours a day only and no left hand use. So I pretty much sit and stare at walls the whole time i am there.. What little work they do have me do , after i am done it gets thrown away so really don't know what the purpose is of me being there. So long story short now i am in the hurry up and wait stage . Anyone know what I can expect now? Thanks for all the help you have given me.

(02-28-2014, 02:48 PM)daczs100 Wrote: just a update.. I got ahold of my union rep he of course hasn't gotten back with me about anything , I had my second opinion done and that doctor told me he recommended I had a EMG done and then surgery. Now I Have to wait to see what Workmans comp is doing to do.. I don't know how long I have to wait for my surgery to be approved or the next step. I am very new to all this .. I am still doing my light duty the doctor took me down to 4 hours a day only and no left hand use. So I pretty much sit and stare at walls the whole time i am there.. What little work they do have me do , after i am done it gets thrown away so really don't know what the purpose is of me being there. So long story short now i am in the hurry up and wait stage . Anyone know what I can expect now? Thanks for all the help you have given me.

if you have wages, the disability payments are less.
they are trying to manage the claim losses which can be significant especially if you figure in the lost man hours.
in the business world, labor is listed under costs not assets.
your assumptions about comp insurance will just cause you unnecessary frustrations and anger.
expect more of the same.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I am aware my wages are less. i still get paid from both work and workmans comp. cause one they are only paying me half pay for 20 hours a week. still get paid about the same amount just from 2 different places we are just waiting on surgery to be approved.. not sure how long that takes after having a second opinion .

(02-28-2014, 03:42 PM)1171 Wrote:
(02-28-2014, 02:48 PM)daczs100 Wrote: just a update.. I got ahold of my union rep he of course hasn't gotten back with me about anything , I had my second opinion done and that doctor told me he recommended I had a EMG done and then surgery. Now I Have to wait to see what Workmans comp is doing to do.. I don't know how long I have to wait for my surgery to be approved or the next step. I am very new to all this .. I am still doing my light duty the doctor took me down to 4 hours a day only and no left hand use. So I pretty much sit and stare at walls the whole time i am there.. What little work they do have me do , after i am done it gets thrown away so really don't know what the purpose is of me being there. So long story short now i am in the hurry up and wait stage . Anyone know what I can expect now? Thanks for all the help you have given me.

if you have wages, the disability payments are less.
they are trying to manage the claim losses which can be significant especially if you figure in the lost man hours.
in the business world, labor is listed under costs not assets.
your assumptions about comp insurance will just cause you unnecessary frustrations and anger.
expect more of the same.

here's some additional information
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiZUMaAZYWQ
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  End of light duty tomatopaste 14 1,135 06-14-2019, 08:32 PM
Last Post: 1171
Exclamation Help please Was on light duty wc doctor....new doctor out of work till .. Feelbad 6 1,150 01-25-2019, 11:45 PM
  Michigan permanent work restriction question dvande04 2 2,220 05-04-2016, 06:03 PM
Last Post: dvande04
  Michigan Comp Case MyBackHurtsBad 3 2,361 02-17-2016, 05:36 PM
Last Post: MyBackHurtsBad
  Michigan-worker's comp settlement for $60,000 fair for a broken back? sunnykate 2 5,748 12-02-2015, 03:25 AM
Last Post: Sedertree
  Facilitation in Michigan Sedertree 4 3,606 12-02-2015, 03:17 AM
Last Post: Sedertree
  light duty but cant do duty theworldasone 4 6,982 04-08-2015, 05:59 PM
Last Post: Injured Worker
  Restricted to work 7-4 question (Michigan) and.so.it.begins 3 3,476 04-05-2015, 11:19 PM
  TN Fired after WC claim, Quit light duty job after Surgery Tango 3 3,561 03-27-2015, 11:08 AM
  Light duty Toyster16 1 2,688 06-18-2014, 09:49 PM