Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shoulder surgery
Well after hurting myself 9/9/13 I finally had surgery today. After my dr put in for surgery beginning of November it was denied due to MRI results. Went to ime and that dr wanted a MRI anthrogram. Result was torn labrum. Surgery was finally approved on 12/23/13 and after waiting 6 weeks it was finally done. Repair to labrum was successful dr said and should be a 3 month recovery. The ime put a rating of 75% temp disability back in November but now I would think it will go back to 100% due to this surgery. Am I correct in thinking this? I do have a lawyer and have been out of work since time of injury due to fact that we don't have light duty. Anything else you need to know please ask me.
Thanks

if there is no modified work available and you cannot do your regular job, then you are entitled to full disability.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I had the surgery 2/6 was torn labrum and a lot of swelling. After being in brace for 5 weeks starting PT this week. Forearm pain from being in brace and shoulder pain is unbearable. Can't sleep, can't sit or anything. Constant pain now. Dr wants me to see his partner who is a pain managing dr. I've been on percocets since surgery. I'm miserable! How long will I be rated at 75% cause I don't think I'll be back in 2 more months.

it's up to the doctor to determine if and when your disability status changes.
discuss your disability from work with the pain management doctor.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Update. Still out of work. Getting 2/3 pay full temporary disability. PT thinks I have frozen shoulder. Not sleeping more than 4 hr a night. I am miserable. I'll find out tomorrow if dr will do a manipulation or not. I just need to get back to work. My employer needs me to be signed off for all duties, we don't have light duty. I lift 50 pounds regularly. Still can't raise arm above head height. This has been a very long road. Hope it comes to a end soon!!!

So Friday saw my dr. He wants to do a manipulation under anethesia due to the fact I've got frozen shoulder. They put in for a request. During which I get in the mail the day befor seeing my dr a ime appointment for the 12th. I'm guessing that they are trying I get the court order lowered from 100% to 75% pay. What is gonna happen now. I was hoping it was going to go quick but the appointment for ime is with the first idiot dr who denied my shoulder surgery and wanted more tests. After second mri last time surgery was approved. But it took 3 months to do this. I really hope I don't need to weight that long this time. I gotta get back yo work. Still can't raise my arm above my head it's like stuck won't budge. Work has no light duty so I've been just waiting and don't PT. What's next?

depends on what the IME reports.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(04-30-2014, 12:36 AM)1171 Wrote: depends on what the IME reports.

Update- still out of work,had MRI again shows I still have frozen shoulder and there is a piece of the anchor loose and rubbing on my bicep tendon. I have less than 2 months remaining on my protected job. Now I need to wait for approval to get another arthroscopy to remove scar tissue and the piece of anchor that's broke. I don't know if I will make it back to work full duty in time of my 1 year of injury. What happens next. I asked my employer and they don't have light duty and said to call my lawyer and ask. I need a real answer on this. I'm scared to death to lose my job over such a dumb injury that has taken over my life when all I want to do is work.

Once injured a persons life can be turned upside down. Many times our employers don't help out even if we are trying our best to get better. I will put you in my prayers and hope you can make a full recovery and get back to work.

each state has different benefits, procedures, & rules for comp what's yours?
what protects your job? union contract?
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shoulder surgery CANurse 3 389 04-28-2019, 01:08 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  ACDF AND SHOULDER SURGERY NevadaCervical 4567 4 8,796 01-29-2013, 10:37 PM
Last Post: NevadaCervical 4567
  Shoulder Surgery on WC CALIF Debbysue64 8 11,831 12-01-2011, 05:45 PM
Last Post: LeglEgl
  second shoulder surgery with new c6 c7 fusion Mseries 4 6,940 08-17-2011, 05:42 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Shoulder Injury Surgery denied 4104ever 5 16,318 07-05-2011, 02:01 PM
Last Post: kate
  Nerve block for shoulder surgery? NVworker 6 36,834 03-17-2011, 04:51 PM
Last Post: leazdad
  Shoulder Surgery 5 mos. Ago, Now Severe Elbow Pain krl 25 38,891 11-09-2010, 01:33 AM
Last Post: 1171
Sad Lft Shoulder Surgery Confused2010 11 12,668 08-20-2010, 08:39 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Shoulder question and TTD before having surgery??? NVworker 10 12,087 03-26-2010, 09:34 PM
Last Post: NVworker
  Shoulder surgery peeps djkics 1 4,134 02-08-2009, 06:15 AM
Last Post: Pooh