Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
crps/ wc whats gonna happen
Hi folks I am new here. I am a 34 year old male who was injured at work a year and a half ago 07-18-2012. Six months after having my left foot crushed I was diagnosed with CRPS. I have had 5 nerve blocks and just had another surgery for my knee. There is nothing else that doctors can do know except put in a scs. I have a great pain doctor who understands CRPS very well.I did go back to work 9 months after my accident but had to come back out for this knee surgery. I was wondering if anyone out there can tell me what's next with workman comp

assuming there are no other issues, they will determine long term benefits and either fix/finalize future payments or offer buyout.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Try the SCS as a temporary, and if it works, get the permanent one.
I can't help passed there, as that's where I'm at now

As dusty boy just said they can do a trial with the SCS to see how well it can help you before they decide to put one in. This is a pretty simple deal, it's a quick out patient type deal. They leave it in from 3 days to a week and you will know right away how well it can help. If it doesn't work for you they cut a couple of stitches and pull the leads out and your done. Only thing I can add is read up on it if they decide to let you do a trial so you understand it. They normally only set it up to do some limited things because they want to make it simple for you to use for the few days but that is where it is nice to understand the things it can do. My wife and I both have SCS

Hey thanks for the advice. Don't know if I mentioned I'm in Virginia. What do you guys think about continuing work building gas stations with the scs? I went back to work already but it was difficult. I was kinda glade this knee surgery has me out.for awhile. To bad they didn't find the meniscus tear a year and a half ago. Now the CRPS is back and spreading up from my foot

You need to read up on SCS. There are some restriction after you get it done that you need to look at and keep in mind. But you also need to compare them with what having the SCS can do for you. While the SCS can improve you day to day life if you do something to pull on those leads you could lose the benefit of it altogether. Now once you have given it time to heal properly they are not going to move real easy but you still can do things that can move them so I would say do a little search on them and read more about them. It's the best way to understand the limits. Also if you talk with a doctor that does them he can help answer more questions about what you can or can't do

midget Wrote:I have CRPS from my accident. I live in Virginia. I have a very physical job with no light duty, if my pain is making me sick at work and I can no longer do this job does workers comp. Have to pay me. If my doctor pulls me out of work. Also can't my meds keep me from being employed else where
yes, benefits are available for those out of work because of an on the job injury.
yes, some medications prevent working some jobs.
more information is available here
http://www.vwc.state.va.us/vwc-portlet-c..._guide.pdf
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CRPS Case Closed krodrio 3 1,871 01-18-2019, 03:39 PM
Last Post: 1171
  have CRPS/RSD harperbass 3 1,898 01-14-2019, 03:35 AM
Last Post: tinainky
  CRPS left foot/ankle Sarcher 9 3,720 12-20-2018, 10:22 PM
  CRPS - PTD or PPD? CRPS_Dad 3 1,653 12-11-2018, 11:50 AM
  What can happen at hearing.... 1171 0 606 08-29-2018, 05:48 PM
  Need 2nd settlement opinion on my CA. 73% MMI CRPS case Steveowie 4 7,041 11-09-2017, 07:21 PM
  CRPS Settlement Midnigh51 20 39,324 04-12-2017, 06:12 PM
Last Post: desparate
  RSD CRPS MMI Gypsy2wheels316 2 4,820 11-30-2016, 06:15 PM
Last Post: California_Help
Sad Has anyone with CRPS/RSD have blisters show up out of no where? Sunshine7 18 30,479 10-10-2016, 02:51 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  RSD/CRPS from work injury DMP1983 2 5,868 06-16-2016, 12:11 AM