Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
injured at work
Rolleyes 
I was injured at work while moving a tire machine the arm of the machine swung and slammed me in the back of the head hard and hurt my back trying to move this machine it took 4 of us to move it. It almost knocked me out. Everyone asked if I was ok I though I was. The next day had a serious headache so went to the emergency room. They said I had a concussion. Doc said I needed to take to weeks off, told my boss who was present at the time of injury he said wasn't his problem asked if I wanted to file workers comp and I said yes and he said fine YOUR FIRED AND KICKED ME OUT OF THE SHOP. I have been paid cash of 250.00 a week for a year and a half for 9 hours a day no lunch no breaks. Just tires. A year ago the owner said I can move into a room in the house they owned and another employee was living in for the last 4 years. The house was a mess but free rent no bills I was trying to fix it for my wife and I. I did a lot of work but still rains inside. Ceilings falling down, wood stove for heat that goes out of a window. Black mold all over one bedroom. It's a mess. NOW THE KICKER, NOW HE SAYS I HAD TO PAY RENT OF 500.00 a month paid buy the . 10th of the month I couldn't get the money, SO HE GAVE ME A THREE DAY NOTICE. WOW, INJURED AT WORK, F I RED,, AND NOW KICKED O IT O F HOUSE. I HAVE. TRIED TO GO TO DOCTORS NO. ONE WILL SEE ME CAUSE MY EX EMPLOYER DIDN'T HAVE WORKERS COMP INS U RANCE OR PAID INTO UNEMPLOY M ENT. I feel stuck. My headaches are not going away my back is killing me and I'm having trouble getting out w h at I want to say. I WISH I NEVEF WORKED THERE. I FEEL LIKE I HURT MYSELF FORA JOB THEN THROWN AWAY BECAUSE I GOT HURT.[/font]

well it would help to have your state, I am thinking the south somewhere if all you were payed was 250 a week. Your boss may have broke alot of laws...check with a WC lawyer first visit is free.
Was you working under the table?
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

most states have a fund to pay the claims of uninsured employers.
contact your state work comp agency to find out how to file a claim with them.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(01-16-2014, 11:47 PM)jayne Wrote: well it would help to have your state, I am thinking the south somewhere if all you were payed was 250 a week. Your boss may have broke alot of laws...check with a WC lawyer first visit is free.
Was you working under the table?

I'm In Montrose co. I was being paid under the table cash, and free housing.

your sunk,You thought you were getting away by not paying taxes now you have no way of proving you worked for him and if you can, theres this little thing about tax evading they like to put you in jail for doing it. I hope you were not injured badly.I do however hope you are not dodging taxes the next time you work for someone....If you were not working long or have a good poker face you can tell your boss you are going to file a civil suit which in the long run will net you more money and your boss knows he is in a bit of a bind also for not paying taxes. Good luck
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

(01-20-2014, 05:26 PM)jayne Wrote: your sunk,You thought you were getting away by not paying taxes now you have no way of proving you worked for him and if you can, theres this little thing about tax evading they like to put you in jail for doing it. I hope you were not injured badly.I do however hope you are not dodging taxes the next time you work for someone....If you were not working long or have a good poker face you can tell your boss you are going to file a civil suit which in the long run will net you more money and your boss knows he is in a bit of a bind also for not paying taxes. Good luck

Sometimes you just s t have to take a low paying job doing Whatever you can to survive I was homeless when I took the job and I honestly thought I was going to be 1099 I have a signed and dated piece of paper saying I made a salary of 250 a week. I wasn't trying to get in trouble or do anything wrong and I was reporting my income and not trying to hide it

notify the division of workers compensation; it may prevent a similar problem with future employees.
you can file a civil suit or even a small claims action against the employer.
however colorado does not support a fund to cover your injury.
http://www.coworkforce.com/dwc/didyoukno...ouknow.asp
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Employee Injured at work today-California Babebahn 11 489 09-19-2020, 03:34 AM
Last Post: Babebahn
  Injured at work in NY MD123 3 3,170 03-31-2014, 06:26 PM
Last Post: 1171
  I Honestly Think I've Been Injured Due To Work rooibos1986 3 3,414 12-17-2013, 02:11 PM
  Injured during work conditioning hotflash 3 5,838 04-04-2013, 10:33 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Injured at work, I have questions. Taja 2 4,496 07-21-2012, 07:52 PM
  Mom injured at work. hobithairshop 5 5,857 09-15-2011, 08:59 AM
Last Post: LeglEgl
  Injured at work, need suggestions mlgx 2 4,177 06-13-2011, 10:00 PM
  Injured back at work in 2006 then reinjured 2011 khalilswife 3 10,531 03-07-2011, 01:31 AM
  pls help for specific work injured ... mesutdogan 8 9,249 04-26-2010, 09:05 PM
Last Post: bodybuilder1958
  Virginia Injured at work and clueless Bhall4282 1 3,888 12-15-2009, 06:47 PM