Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Honestly Think I've Been Injured Due To Work
I have an autoimmune condition that resulted in stage 2/3 cirrhosis of my liver. My health has struggled since then, but I've been able to work from home.

Everything has been fine. But in the past 2 weeks, I've had a lot of extra work and overtime. Especially about 10 days ago, I had 3 16 hour days. Now, very suddenly, I'm short of breath, my heart rate that's normally like 45-50 is spiking above 100 - as high as 130. I don't know what's going on. I have a high deductible health plan, and would like to wait until the first of the year when my deductible resets before going in for care. But I'm wondering if I should go in right now and file a workers comp claim.

I live in Washington state, but my company is based in Colorado.

I just don't know - will this be covered by workers comp? I really do think overwork caused this.

I don't want to risk losing my job by filing workers comp - despite what others say, I think a lot of people put their job in jeopardy by filing workers comp.

Maybe I'm asking questions nobody can answer - but can someone help me? What should I do?

it's not about what your or your employer thinks about your condition.
you can file a claim but without medical opinion that supports a connection to your job it won't be covered.
even if you have such a medical opinion, the comp carrier is entitled to get one of their own before deciding to accept or not.
since you live in washingto you can file under your state's laws.
you can find out more about workers comp in washington and filing here
http://www.lni.wa.gov/

many health plans have a nurse help/contact number where you can get medical advice about your symptoms over the phone to find out how critical your situation maybe.
see if your health plan has such a service before deciding to incur unneeded expenses. check their website or give them a call.
or contact your doctor and get their advice before acting.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(12-16-2013, 01:49 AM)1171 Wrote: it's not about what your or your employer thinks about your condition.
you can file a claim but without medical opinion that supports a connection to your job it won't be covered.
even if you have such a medical opinion, the comp carrier is entitled to get one of their own before deciding to accept or not.
since you live in washingto you can file under your state's laws.
you can find out more about workers comp in washington and filing here
http://www.lni.wa.gov/

most health plans have nurse help contact number where you can get medical advice about your symptoms over the phone to find out how critical your situation maybe.
see if your health plan has such a service before deciding to incur unneeded expenses. check their website or give them a call.
or call your doctor and get their advice before acting.

My insurance includes MDLive, which is a teleconference system, 24/7, whereby you can call and either talk, email, or video conference with a doctor. According to BC, this service is taking over urgent care. It costs members $5 and non members $35.

Only your doctor can determine if your condition is work related.

Take care.
Let Go, and Let God......

you're welcome.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Employee Injured at work today-California Babebahn 11 1,607 09-19-2020, 03:34 AM
Last Post: Babebahn
  Injured at work in NY MD123 3 3,293 03-31-2014, 06:26 PM
Last Post: 1171
Rolleyes injured at work johnsteele 6 6,340 01-20-2014, 06:01 PM
  Injured during work conditioning hotflash 3 6,003 04-04-2013, 10:33 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Injured at work, I have questions. Taja 2 4,621 07-21-2012, 07:52 PM
  Mom injured at work. hobithairshop 5 6,018 09-15-2011, 08:59 AM
Last Post: LeglEgl
  Injured at work, need suggestions mlgx 2 4,261 06-13-2011, 10:00 PM
  Injured back at work in 2006 then reinjured 2011 khalilswife 3 10,650 03-07-2011, 01:31 AM
  pls help for specific work injured ... mesutdogan 8 9,450 04-26-2010, 09:05 PM
Last Post: bodybuilder1958
  Virginia Injured at work and clueless Bhall4282 1 3,960 12-15-2009, 06:47 PM