Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
infection
If I get an infection from surgery, can the da/ic scream apportionment?

only if there is resulting permanent disability and depends on what condition/injury they would be apportioning the disability to.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I have a spinal cord stimulator installed in my back, it needed to be replaced, so my ptp did surgery, and a huge infection developed in the area where the box is placed. Now I know that if I was going to get my meds, and was hit by a car, it would be covered under work comp, because I was involved in a work comp process. Just as if you were attending a doctors appointment. Seems to me, surgery would be no different. What do you think.

apportionment of PD would not apply unless it was considered a separate injury.
any complications, side effects, consequences, adverse reactions, etc are all part of covered care just as they would be with regular health coverage.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(11-26-2013, 09:43 PM)1171 Wrote: apportionment of PD would not apply unless it was considered a separate injury.
any complications, side effects, consequences, adverse reactions, etc are all part of covered care just as they would be with regular health coverage.
Thank you 1171

Got an email from the ic, they want to assign a nurse case manager for me, after the surgery went so bad. Do you think this is a good ideal?

ALL opinions are appreciated.

To be honest. when one was assigned to me at first it was very helpful. I think things went good at first because we were the same age and she did see me at my worst while hospitalized. It was helpful that shr would get things approved for me . But close to the end before wc cut me off, she had a job to do and began showing her true colors. She was not my nurse, she was hired from the wc ins and had one goal, that was to get my drs to say either that I was fine or get me back to work.

Just try to remember, she is not your friend and while your making small talk in a waiting room to see a dr she is writing down anything you say. Becarefull they will twist words to use it against you if needed.

You are going to have a NCM. That don't mean you have to talk to them.
If I want something, or the NCM wants something, we have to go through my attorney.
My attorney has a no contact with the patient policy

Thanks a lot. I don't think I will use one.

Dusty. I’d like to tell you about what I have going on. I hope dolphin doesn’t mind. I have infection and need another surgery to clean it out. I was very swollen and he did the surgery anyway resulting in the incision not closing and getting infection. Do you know anything about this from your experiences

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Infection afterward Bud 2 489 08-25-2018, 01:07 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Infection returned post MMI lily3girls 7 3,278 06-02-2009, 02:11 PM
Last Post: bronco54501