Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lumbar lanectimy and diskectimy promlems
I hope somebody here can give me a little insight. I had l4 l5 lanectimy and diskectimy in july. I started healing good but just hit a stopping point and have been in pain every day all day september. Ive had the wrong mris done and am looking to go back to the doc in 2 weeks with the right ones finally. I was just wondering will it ever end. I was working as an industrial maint. Man before and thats all i have ever done. What are the chances ill go back to that if i cant event picup my 2 year old? Im in the state of alabama and i know their isnt a rehab program. So what do i do sit here and hurt and get fat

serious injuries can take a long time to achieve maximum recovery. Many take more then a year. it's too early to predict the outcome in your case.
if necessary, request a second opinion or consultation with another doctor.
try to be as active as possible. follow your doctor's treatment program.
contact your employer about light/modified work.

there are vocational rehabilitation services in alabama
http://www.rehab.alabama.gov/individuals...ce-general

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thanks for the fast reply. Im not sure my company would it being such a dangerous place andveverybtype of job is extremely phisical. I have been out of work approx. 8 months with this not. including the 2 i sat at home waiting for my surgery to be approved. I was getting weekly calls from hr and some of my bosses called every week. After week 12 all. Calls stopped except for one of my bosses about once a month just being social. I have contacted a lawyer but havent heard much from him because i havent reached mmi. Im just curious as to whats next. I didnt even know what kind of surgery i had untill two weeks ago.

seems like your employer was concerned and might have been willing to work with you on a modified assignment.
once you litigate your claim it can be difficult to return to the same employer.
looks like you should be talking to your doctor more, asking questions and taking a more active role in your recovery.
yes an atty is more useful at settlement time or when you need to go to court.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

The doctor is the one who will not let me go back to work and their is no modified or light duty on sight. And the reason i got a lawyer is because i was not reciving my ttd like i was supposed to. They woul pay weekly the bi weekly and i wasnt getting what i was supposed to. I was getting 375 a week but after i got a lawyer i now get 604 a week and just got my back pay till may. The question im askin is what will happen when. I reach mmi. If i cant do the millwright work i was doing i would need to go back to school for retraining. I live in a very rural low economic area. Hell i have to drive 17 miles just to get gas! What area should i go back to school for or idk. Im just worried and have been mis informed thru this entire event. I ve got a wife and children to feed and just worried to death about them.

you'll have to do your own vocational rehabilitation.
you know the employment options in your immediate area better then most.
if you can't do heavy lifting, you may have to consider relocating to find employment in a new career.
an experienced vocational rehab professional can help with that choice.
they know the broader labor market and can evaluate your skills and aptitude to optimize your training and job search.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  QME on 10/25 for plantar fascia and lumbar spine injury jarimiah 14 9,687 01-30-2020, 12:17 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  Disability Rating question -lumbar spine 57% RootsGal 14 11,935 12-10-2017, 06:13 PM
Last Post: RootsGal
  C and R, then need lumbar surgery -is private insurance strict? kmecdd 2 3,382 08-12-2016, 10:48 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Lumbar strain with disk protrusion at 3 levels beesgonz 10 8,031 06-05-2016, 09:09 AM
Last Post: Cycler
  Aprox PPD rating for DDD Lumbar Disc Replacement Wabackinjury 3 5,501 07-18-2015, 12:02 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Relationship reversed cervical lordosis and lumbar herniation tpm 7 5,446 02-23-2015, 12:37 PM
Last Post: Cycler
  Lumbar disk herniation w possible Section 32 settlement Cowboys88 8 12,358 12-30-2014, 04:54 PM
Last Post: 1171
  *no names please* is sending me for 2nd IME and want to settle before lumbar hearing CheriLovesJesus7 10 16,770 01-26-2014, 02:48 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Lumbar and Cervical Injury my2xyz 4 11,765 10-25-2013, 07:15 PM
Last Post: CheriLovesJesus7
  WA State Cervical/Lumbar Pain Expert Needed PainInMyNeck 4 5,187 08-01-2013, 06:09 PM
Last Post: jayne