Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiropractor SB863
Having a disagreement on Chiropractor as PTP.

I've been told after 24 visits, you are required to get a new non chiropractic PTP

I am understanding this to be 24 treatments, not visits. What if your chiropractor is a PTP gate keeper, without treating.
Let Go, and Let God......

I had similar problem but mine wasn't the gate keeper so to speak. Wc only allows a certain amount of treatments, and I went far past that. But there is a catch, if the patient shows significant improvement they do allow it. But my problem was he wasn't following wc procedures and wasn't updating them. My main injury dr was a physiatrist, and he did not care to much for the theory of a DC but that was his opinion, mine helped me a lot with neck pain and was keeping me more flexible.

I wont let a chiro near my neck, I would however love to have my lower spine adjusted but my PCP said no way I am just (lucky or stubborn) that I am still walking at all.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

the chiropratic limitation was not part of SB863.

A chiropractor shall not be a treating physician after the
employee has received the maximum number of chiropractic visits
allowed by subdivision ( c ) of Section 4604.5.

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displa...600-4614.1
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I was, and others are still unclear whether it is 24 visits or 24 treatments. However, I did find this from the proposed regs which clearly states visits and definition of visits. Designating a Chiropractor as PTP did change somewhat eff. 1-1-2013, under SB 863.

Proposed Regulations: Predesignation of Personal Physician; Reporting Duties of the Primary Treating Physician (August 2013; 8 C.C.R. section 9780, et seq.)

....... The term “chiropractic visit” means any chiropractic office visit, regardless of whether the services performed involve chiropractic manipulation or are limited to evaluation and management. Once you have received 24 chiropractic visits, if you still require medical treatment, you will have to select a new physician who is not a chiropractor..........

Even Sullivan On Comp in his First Look at SB863 states that a savvy Chiropractor can get around this by stopping treatment prior to 24 treatments, allowing him to continue as PTP.

Am I clear, No! LOL

Thanks for the responses.

I'm not sure how "savvy" a chiropractor has to be to count to 24.

the Labor Code section I referenced in my post was amended by SB863.
my error.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

A "savvy" CA will cut off that PTP quicker than a wink of the eye at 24 visits, or is it really 24 treatments? LOL Tongue

adjective
adjective: savvy; comparative adjective: savvier; superlative adjective: savviest; adjective: savviness
shrewd and knowledgeable in the realities of life.
synonyms: shrewd, astute, sharp-witted, sharp, acute, adroit, intelligent, clever, canny, perceptive, perspicacious, sagacious, sage, wise; informalon the ball, quick on the uptake, smart, streetwise, heads-up
"a savvy investor"

in some cases a CA doesn't have to do anything.
the bill paying program just rejects service dates once the counter hits 24.
if you can find a chiropractor who will act as "gatekeeper" without getting paid, you might be able to get around the limit.
that would be a savvy injured worker.
Smile
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Haha. Yes it would.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WA/OR Chiropractor wants me to pay burgejos000 4 1,493 01-21-2016, 02:12 AM
Last Post: kev_b
  CA protesters march against SB863 California_Help 1 1,319 10-16-2015, 05:05 PM
Last Post: kev_b
  California voucher post SB863 California_Help 0 1,959 07-05-2014, 05:37 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Could this be over SB863 CA chrischris 3 2,381 09-07-2012, 11:56 AM
Last Post: chrischris
  Finnaly got referal to a chiropractor. bronco54501 7 3,537 03-12-2010, 08:46 PM
Last Post: capricorn
  Chiropractor VRS PT and WC bronco54501 15 6,723 02-04-2010, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  chiropractor has bin dropped willieg 1 2,606 07-23-2008, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy