Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A weekend of misery
Today was my refill day on pain meds. As normal I called a day in advance and now learned they have changed things at the clinic. Before that's all I had to do was call the nurse and tell them I needed a refill, and the following day picked up the hard copy script and went to pharmacy. Now I was told we don't do this anymore, and had to ask the pharmacy to send a request to the dr for a refill. In which I still have to go to the clinic and pick up the hard copy.. It just makes no sense, anyways I was with my dad today up in the U.P. about 3.00 pm when I got a call from clinic. They wouldn't let my wife pick up the scripts so she could drop them off at pharmacy to get filled. She told me I have to come in personally because at my last visit with the dr he forgot to give me a 3 month labs and urine test. I explained to her, I was just over 3 hrs away and come sat morning I will be out of meds.

I was livid with her response, she said just come in mon morning for labs, but were not giving you the scripts until you do. She didn't care that I wont have pain meds over the weekend, I don't know what I'm going to do. I still have enough gabapentin, but by tomorrow afternoon the pain levels are going to top out. Usually I have a few days of reserve from my good days but with my fall and more bad days than good there used up.

My biggest concern is the withdrawls, I have never gone without my morphine. And then mon morning how will this effect my urine test for levels of narcotics.

I know how oxxy withdraws are but not sure if morphine will be the same... Does anyone know what I will have to expect....?

This almost happened to me one weekend because WC called the pharmacy and told them I had settled and they were not covering any more meds. I called my lawyer and told him if they didn't cover it I would make trips to the ER twice a day for pain and let them cover that. They fixed the problem and didn't know why somebody called and said I'd settled.
Our pain center changed the way they do refills some time back but we were lucky they gave everybody plenty of notice. We have to call 3 business days in advance to get our refills.

Will say a prayer for you, hope you can make it thru the weekend.
Funny think you said they needed a drug screen, our pain center has been doing this to all the patients over the last few months and just today I got the bill for my screen. $182 and they think I'm going to pay it. The company that did the test will just have to get in line with everybody else my WC carrier is NOT paying

Thanks manley,

The thing that makes me mad about this whole thing is, just last month I seen him but he did not have me down for labs. I asked him if there was a mistake because since He had took over my pain meds, I had labs and urine tests every 90 days. He said next visit he will order it. I don't care if he surprise tests me, but be professional about it and not when Im out of town on a Friday. Like were not supposed to have a life, and just stay home.

I waited until 2 am to take my last morphine, it is almost wore off. The pain is slowly climbing, and am praying the wife gets back halfway early but I doubt it they have been getting snow up north in the snowbelt every day this last week. Once she is home I will start extra gabapentin, but it makes me even more tired and will try to sleep the day away if possible.

Bronco

Will be saying a prayer for you.

I would be giving the doctor an ear full come Monday morning.

I had a fall Thursday on the kitchen floor, right knee gave out and went down hard on the left knee (tkr) right at the joint not good news for a replacement, also hit the right shoulder with lots of bruises.

Not going to say a word to the doctor because he will want to do x-rays and send me to the surgeon which I can not afford right now. Dealing with the extra hurt on my own and walking slower.

(10-26-2013, 02:38 PM)Bummer Knees Wrote: Bronco

Will be saying a prayer for you.

I would be giving the doctor an ear full come Monday morning.

I had a fall Thursday on the kitchen floor, right knee gave out and went down hard on the left knee (tkr) right at the joint not good news for a replacement, also hit the right shoulder with lots of bruises.

Not going to say a word to the doctor because he will want to do x-rays and send me to the surgeon which I can not afford right now. Dealing with the extra hurt on my own and walking slower.

Thank you,

I do plan on letting him know how much this has pissed me off. I have the feeling his nurse didn't let him know that I would be out of meds, this just is not his style. But either way he going to hear about it.

This is why I did not go to the er when I took my fall. Even though I have open medical they would probably either delay or not pay it at all. I too just watched every move I did to ensure not to make it worse. The nerve pain is still far from my normal but has got better. Its just over 12 hrs, and pain is climbing gona try to go to bed.

Why must we become so addicted to pain meds, pain is through the roof right now, just had an episode of leg cramps/spasms. The pain was so intense I thought I was about to stroke out trying to keep my self positioned to ease the pain. My lower back feels like its in a vice and hurts to walk. I have experienced withdrawls from oxxy but never have I felt like this, sick to my stomach, major headaches and coldswets. I have been fighting the idea of going to the er, but I don't want them to think I'm a junkie. I have spent 90% of the day in bed trying to cope, my dr is going to get an ear full in the morning when I go in for lab work.

Bronco you have been on my mind with thoughts of what you are going thru.

Hope it goes well and ends with productive results with the doctor.

Well I did go to the clinic and did there urine test. Nevermind that I waited 45 min just to pee in a darn cup, then went to internal medicine where my scripts were supposed to be waiting for me. As I sit there for another 20 min, my pain is extreme and I'm about to loose it. Out comes a nurse I have not seen and she asked me to follow her into a room so we could talk in private. I'm thinking to my self about darn time and once in the room she says you cant have your scripts until you pee in a cup. I was polite at this point and said what do you think I have been doing all morning, just hanging out and watching tv. I then told her I all ready did, and she said oh, well would you like us to call you when we find out whats going on. I lost it, started swearing at her, telling her my dr new I didn't have any meds last fri and now you's want me to wait even longer. God was I mad, I ended up apologizing because I know its not her fault . I told her I cant take the pain anymore and if I don't get my meds soon I was going to the er. I left and made it almost home when she called and said she made the dr write the scripts and they were ready to be picked up..

My mother is not in the best of health but I had no one else to bring me in....god bless her.

And if you had been nicey-nicey you would still be waiting for the doctor to write those scripts.

Sometimes we gotta do what we gotta do!

sorry you had so much trouble but glad you got it done.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  End of the weekend Manley2 6 3,919 06-02-2014, 07:18 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Memorial Weekend Bummer Knees 1 1,860 05-27-2013, 10:30 PM
  Weekend Weather Bummer Knees 19 9,527 04-16-2012, 03:54 PM
  Weekend Heat chrischris 4 3,334 08-13-2011, 06:26 AM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Wonderful weekend jayne 1 2,914 10-25-2010, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees