Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NJ WC
TTD ended 5/2010 after 7.7 years (400 Weeks) NJ max allowed for TTD. Have not received any payment from IC since TTD ended. My Atty says that he will soon be able to get a determination either PPD or PTD. He is trying for PTD (4 to 6 months from now) that will make it almost 4 years with out any IC payment to me. Will I ever receive the non payment money of these last 4 years? Will it be a lump sum ? He says that the future payments will be annuitized regardless of PPD or PTD. I have been receiving SSD since 2004 and this always had the offset in place. When TTD ended my SSD increased to the max. allowed by SS, but my income is much much less without the TTD. After almost 12 years I hope that I can get some closure to this part of my life. Thanx, God Bless.

no more TTD for the period beyond the 400 weeks.
I believe the start date for your permanent disability will be retroactive to whatever your MMI date becomes.
you won't get payments for the period between those dates.
once PD begins you have to notify SSD and they will once again apply the offset.
being on disability has always been much less lucrative then getting wages; especially for those with higher incomes.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

TYPO: Atty is trying for PD not PPD. 1171, I think (I can be wrong) that PD or PPD begins when TTD ends. also I think that IC gets the offset and that SS stays at the max (during my TTD SS took the offset and the IC paid the max) Thanx Again, NYCPAL.

(10-17-2013, 03:39 PM)nycpal Wrote: TYPO: Atty is trying for PD not PPD. 1171, I think (I can be wrong) that PD or PPD begins when TTD ends. also I think that IC gets the offset and that SS stays at the max (during my TTD SS took the offset and the IC paid the max) Thanx Again, NYCPAL.

I could be confusing new york & new jersey laws....
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Just spoke with my atty he has scheduled a psych eval for me. After a dozen years on this UN MERRY GO ROUND, I' am dying to know how this has effected my psyche. TC ALL , ENJOY HOLIDAYS with YOUR LOVED ONES, THAT IS THE MOST IMPORANT PART OF LIFE. NYCPAL.