Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Help with my claim!
Hey there,
I was injured in my chest in july of 2012. It is a muscle/tendon injury that has not and may not ever fully heal.

Anyways. I finally got a letter in the mail. Here is what it said.
-------
Rating per almaraz case:
Thoracic spine analogy to hernia
80% [15.02.01.99 - 10 - [2]11 - 350G -13 - 11] 9 FINAL PD

A worker' compensation judge has determined that apportionment is consistent with the law. medical treatment required.

The permanent disability rating is 11%, which is equivalent to 34.25 weeks of disability payments. Based on average weekly earnings of ...., the initial weekly rate is .... payments commence within 14 days after the date of the last payment of temporary disability indemnity.
--------
on another sheet of paper it said this
--------
analogy to herniation class 2: 10 WP
80% of disability attributed to injury herein

PDRS 1-8, FEC of 2 utilized for impaired rib cage and/or general chest impairment
--------
OK. So I need help. What should I do? What does all of this mean? Its all a bunch of mumbo jumbo to me. '10 WP' and '9 FINAL PD'

The money is not enough, and the amount of time they are paying me for is not long enough. Thanks for your help!

each state has different comp rules.
specific information cannot be provided without first knowing your state.

some of the information seems similar to california comp laws but i don't know for sure.

if you want to try to obtain greater impairment benefits, you will need medical evidence that your permanent impairment is greater than the doctor's opinion that this rating was based on.
a workers compensation atty might be willing to take that job on.
you can look for experienced comp attys in california here:
caaa.org
if you are in another state, contact your state bar.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will I jeopardize my workers compensation claim if I file a personal injury claim for wanttowork 3 16,940 03-27-2011, 02:07 AM
Last Post: 1171