Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well it finaly happened
being disabled is difficult.
living with someone that's disabled is also hard.
the disabled person often can't change their situation and eventually realizes that they have to accept it as a big part of their future life.

at some point the partner often realizes that they, however, do have the choice that their loved one didn't have. they can have a different future--one without the compromises that come with living with a disabled spouse.

it is very difficult not to choose a road that leaves that often painful, frustrating, compromised life behind.
every disabled worker would choose it as well--if they had a choice.

AQA, even while hurting you can still be understanding.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Hell no 1171 where on Gods green earth did you get your thinking? We marry for better or worse no one knows when something is going to happen to a spouse but where I came from you dont walk away.....You bound your self to this person for life not till life gets to hard. Good God with people thinking like that its no wonder we live in a disposable world.
Do you have any idea the hurt people put on their kids by teaching them to walk when life gets hard? Why would anyone who professes to love someone walk out on them? That is the thinking that puts retarded and non perfect babies in foster care and then adoption. Do you leave your parents in a nursing home and never go back just because they get old? Understanding when your spouse leaves you after years of marriage because you aren't perfect anymore.....Hells bells it must be that yellow blood that flos thru Democrats that makes you think that way.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Although this happens, I believe if they are young just in to wed, they have not grown a bond. But this don't excuse the vows they took before god. I have only been married for 12 years but have been together for 22 years. We had up and downs even before my injury, but much more after. We have struggled together and will continue to not see eye to eye but I hope we are forever.

When I read 1171's post I wasn't sure how to take it....

AQA... I hope it works out the best for yous..

Someone that does take their marriage vows seriously, but for some reason later on down the line, wants out of the marriage, may carry a lot of guilt and unhappiness. From what AQA said about his wife thinking he might be having an affair and verbally asking his sister this, and going thru his computer, wallet, etc, it sounds to me like she was desperately looking for an excuse to leave him. One that would not only take the guilt away from her desire, but put the blame on AQA.

Remember Jayne, infidelity is a valid biblical reason for divorcing. Not saying at all that AQA is guilty of infidelity, but it sure would make leaving easier.

Yes, it is hard to live with someone who has disabilities. I can say our marriage hasn't been the same, but we are still together. Sometimes it harder to be married and lonely, than to be alone.
Let Go, and Let God......

Well I am of the Catholic religion and we don't divorce.

I am with Jayne on this and 1171 I happen to think you are plum crazy.

Chris I understand your thinking on the guilt issue and you are right as a lot of spouses would use this for an excuse to leave.

AQA I happen to think you are an awesome person, one who doesn't give up on his future.....look at your dream of a brighter future and going to school.

We all know having a family member with a disability impacts the whole family. Parent's who have a child with a disability have an 80% divorce rate.

"Well I am of the Catholic religion and we don't divorce."

...and you are very much out of touch with reality and wouldn't know "crazy" if it was staring you in the face.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_dira.htm

"The divorce rate among Catholics is reputedly the same as that among the general public, where about 35 percent of people who have been married have also been divorced. The couples I spoke with were very aware of the high Catholic divorce rate. The abandoning spouse in each took comfort in the thought that he was just part of a crowd. "
http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/l...ecnum=6150

P.S. jayne, stop hijacking threads to pump out your swill. got you in trouble just the other week. you've got to find a way to stop yourself.....
you are an adult; try some self control.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

1171 I still think you are crazy.

The divorce rate you claim is among Catholics is not true for the area where I live.

And Jayne did not hijack this thread!

ahhh 1171 you are mistaken Admin and I had a laugh over you and the newby you tried to con Admin into banning me...you did notice she is no longer here.....You and I are here to stay until we want to leave or Admin gets tired of the forum....and leave Bummer alone she didnt do jack to you. You wanna go toe to toe on stupid school yard BS come after me,no need to spread your crap on everyone else that yellow runs thru your blood and up your back and down your front..Freaking coward.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

This thread is not about us! We need to stop the drama and apologize to AQA for our insensitivity.

AQA, if you see this post, please check in and let us know how you are doing. We care about you.
Let Go, and Let God......

I agree Chris, easy to get off track.

AQA you are in my prayers everyday.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phone interview that never happened bodybuilder1958 2 2,991 01-18-2012, 10:51 PM
Last Post: jayne
  finaly got it...... bronco54501 0 1,336 05-06-2011, 02:47 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Our snow is finaly gone. bronco54501 16 10,443 04-17-2011, 04:48 PM
  Finaly got some answers.. bronco54501 2 2,401 04-05-2011, 07:44 PM
  On a positive note, name something good that happened to you today monster 11 10,308 05-20-2010, 03:22 PM
Last Post: jayne
Sad well, I guess it's happened "Addiction" Lilly 56 30,760 01-19-2010, 08:49 AM
Last Post: Cycler
  Something strange happened Bummer Knees 17 6,543 06-16-2008, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  what happened to my sex life mom2emy 29 22,722 04-23-2007, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Guest