Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Califoria stress claims
Its not a joke I just don't understand how anyone would stay in a job and let anyone do that to them? Even in our small town there are jobs maybe not 12 dollars an hour jobs but jobs. I am a women born during the 50s we burned our bras and stood tall for womens rights we went thru hells to blaze a path for those of you behind us. My husband was in the Air force and I had to find a new job every 2-3 years. I didn't whine and carry on I did it and with 8 kids. If that job is that darn important to you that it is worth your mental health then stand up to her like you did to me in your PM and stop being a whiner. We are not here to give you the answer you want but the answer you need. Buck up or shut up. We don't live in Disneyworld and its not a happy ever after. If you aren't willing to fight for whats yours you might as well roll over and play dead now
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

(09-14-2013, 11:40 AM)CaseyandMarie Wrote: Tell me if I am wrong: I did my research, found this forum and posted some facts about my situation, my concerns and fears and asked for advice and guidance. A couple of kind people here took the time to pitch in and offer help. Then we have Jayne, who treats my post like it is a meaningless amusement to her. A private message to her from me resulted in an even more rude response from her. Jayne is a bully hiding behind her keyboard, probably getting a woody every time she posts a rude and hurtful comment. I have been emotionally beaten and battered by one woman at work for over three years and Jayne thinks it's kind to continue in that mode She should be banned from forever posting here again and if I have anything to do with it, that will happen. The only good outcome of my posting here is that after three months, I am finally PISSED OFF at my employer thanks to Jayne pushing me over the edge. Fini . . .
Yes, she is and she has little insight into her own behavior. Totally oblivious as to how and why she operates in her black and white world. She can't turn it off even knowing it hurts others just like your receptionist co-worker.
I remember the scene from the movie Patton where he slaps a soldier who was suffering from combat fatigue.
Jayne has all the warmth and helpfulness of a tank.
Use the REPORT button at the bottom of the post to file a complaint with the administrator.
She can't control herself but they can.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

My wife had a few jobs where their actions were similar right down to the hr dept. I think the worst one was when she worked for a pet supply company. Very insulting and unfair treatment between supervisors even tried to write you up on hear say.. While she worked there for 7 years the last 2 took a tole on her. I begged her to quit, it was affecting our family life and she was always un happy. After probably 15 times to the hr, nothing happened so she told them to stick it. I know other people have different reasons for staying , why in the world do people just keep putting up with it.

(09-15-2013, 02:26 AM)bronco54501 Wrote: My wife had a few jobs where their actions were similar right down to the hr dept. I think the worst one was when she worked for a pet supply company. Very insulting and unfair treatment between supervisors even tried to write you up on hear say.. While she worked there for 7 years the last 2 took a tole on her. I begged her to quit, it was affecting our family life and she was always un happy. After probably 15 times to the hr, nothing happened so she told them to stick it. I know other people have different reasons for staying , why in the world do people just keep putting up with it.

I think most would understand that a single woman homeowner who relies only on herself for the roof over her head, coupled with the fact that she (me) lost over $225,000 in equity in my home since 2005 in California, now upside down in the loan, needs to work and have that paycheck. Jobs are scarce and they don't pay what I need to be able to keep my house. Either I continue to work while I look for something else, or walk away from my house and my house is, well, my house. Where would I go? It is all very frustrating and so wrong, but we do what we have to do to make things work. I held out for over three and a half years before I crumbled. So, believe me, I would have walked away if there was another job offer. I appreciate that some here offer understanding because they get what I am talking about. I would have hoped that if someone never experienced this psychological abuse in the workplace, or knows someone who did, would offer no comment rather than rude and dismissing ones.

I have a couple thoughts here. I agree that Jayne can lack finesse, but looking through this thread I fail to see the direct attack that is now being alluded to. That said, she admits elsewhere that she has never experienced this type of issue. I would suggest that at times it would be best to not comment where one lacks direct experience. I will ask her to let this issue drop.

However, we do not "ban" users simply for issuing their opinions, unless they are racist or foul mouthed. This is a public discussion forum, and to enter here and request opinions does not guarantee ANYONE that you will only get opinions you like and agree with. Those of us participating here need to strap on our big boy and big girl pants, and be prepared to deal with a wide variety of input and opinions.

Just what are you looking for....? Do you need someone to tell you everything is going to be ok..? That's not going to happen, sometimes life hands us a raw deal, it what we make out of it that counts. I truly do feel compashon for you no one wants to be treated that way. Maybe a job switch will help your stress and a roommate to help with the mortgage. I have had no income for 2 years, been in and out of forclosure 6 times, our house and many of us took a loss because of the economy. Our house is still worth 20,000 less than we owe. Even though I just settled my wc case, reality is we have to walk away or sell it because we cant afford the payments with out the income before I was injured. We all make choices some bad some good, but we do it to better ourself.

Amen got em on. Thank you Admin consider it dropped.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Being bullied, intimidated and emotionally abused at the workplace is real and it happens more often than you would think and it does take its toll. I feel compassion for everyone who has had to endure it and the management/employers who allow it to happen need a wakeup call. Sometimes the only way to stand up to it is through a w/c claim or a lawsuit. I applaud anyone who has the courage to be a "game changer" for those who follow. And we are allowed to whine a little here and there, before we reach for those "big girl panties". Keep us posted, CaseyandMarie.

I am very curious to know if there is an update from CaseyandMarie?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Should I file A Stress Claim? workmanscompquestions 9 9,191 02-25-2015, 01:35 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  claims gaucli 1 2,863 03-12-2011, 07:57 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Everybody Loves Stress...Help in California JCHoyle 7 9,266 10-20-2010, 01:13 PM
Last Post: injuredinil2
  Stress and Health Claim?? Caligirl1276 2 5,224 08-13-2010, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  stress claim Hawaii Lydia 8 11,781 08-12-2010, 09:09 PM
  stress and anxiety in california meyea 20 34,225 07-21-2010, 05:09 PM
  new to nc w/c claims chesterbud 1 3,197 06-23-2010, 11:08 AM
  stress leavc lynnsimons3 1 3,591 10-30-2009, 12:52 AM
  STRESS LEAVE msgrumpee 8 41,961 10-29-2009, 11:39 PM