Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FCE confusing
Dr said i'm MMI with an SI joint injury. Sent me to have an FCE done. When I went to the evaluation they were confused as to why I was there because I am on crutches. They even asked me if the Dr knew I was on crutches. I said yes. They still seemed confused by me being there and asked me if I knew what the test was. I said yes.

I can't sit down, I can't walk without crutches. Even with crutches I am limited. My injury is so severe they called my Dr and said I shouldn't be there because I can't do the tests. Dr said do what they could because they need numbers. I couldn't complete 3/4 of the test and I had to lay down crying my eyes out for 30 minutes during it.

6 weeks after taking the test my Dr said I'm MMI, permanent total disabled, but he said the test show "limited work capacity". How is that possible? They said it's not light duty.

What is limited work capacity? How did they determine that while i'm on crutches? I lost LTD because of this. LTD said it meant I could work in some capacity. Even though its just a little. What? I can't sit or walk. i've been on crutches 9 months and the si joint is getting worse. My ky work comp attorney better be ready for a fight.

yes, the doctor needs to explain what work you can do in the limited capacity and how you are also totally disabled.
you cannot be both simultaneously.
sounds like your doctor was trying to please two different clients.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(09-10-2013, 01:40 AM)1171 Wrote: yes, the doctor needs to explain what work you can do in the limited capacity and how you are also totally disabled.
you cannot be both simultaneously.
sounds like your doctor was trying to please two different clients.

I agree. LTD was a little confused as well. I'm confused about limited work capacity. LTD said it's not the same as light duty. she pretty much said it was like them saying I can sharpen a pencil. Funny thing about the Dr. Before I had the FCE done he told me that people who are paralyzed neck down can even work. Should have thrown up a red flag that things weren't gonna go in my favor.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lawyer is confusing me Gatekeeper 3 2,308 03-24-2010, 05:19 PM
Last Post: Gatekeeper
  My Slip & Fall Claim is Confusing To Me! injuredchloe 4 5,351 01-14-2009, 02:35 PM
Last Post: buildergirl1973
  settled but confusing debysu47 7 5,334 06-21-2007, 07:34 AM
Last Post: rholmes