Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
i was hurt at my job over 2 years ago in new york but i now reside in florida my doctors have told me i can not go back to work they have deemed me fully dissabled & i collect ssi along with workers compensation .. however recently wc has stopped paying me because they claim the drs in florida are not giving them enough information my lawyer is not much help he just yells at me like i am a child i do not understand this whole system all i know is my doctor states that i am mmi they can no longer help me .. can anyone tell me what this means .... what do i do next the lawyer has a hearing but he tells me he doesnt have the right paperwork to do anything for me yet sitting right in front of me is alll the documentation that i have had faxed to him in ny stating all my injuries that i am mmi & permenantely dissabled not able to go back to work... does anyone know if my ssi will help me if this wc lawyer doesnt what to do what to do & then they wonder how we get sooo depressed .. i havent been paid in months & months i cant pay my bills things are getting really bad
MMI = Maximum Medical Improvement; your recovery is as good as you are going to ever be.
no, SSI will not help your workers compensation case.
each state has a different workers comp system.
talk to your lawyer about traveling to New York and having a new york doctor examine you and provide the necessary information for a new york claim.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
Just came here say hope u get something straightened out soon.wish u luck.
1171 is right you may have to go to NY to see one of their Drs and since you moved it is up to you to get there.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Has your lawyer explained to you what would happen if you move.. Its all ny wc rules and don't apply to fl rules. Your attorney should be guiding you on how to move forward. If you had a dr before you moved he should review your fl drs evaluations and make a evaluation and fill out the proper forms so your attorney can get things rolling.

Forum Jump:

Browsing: 1 Guest(s)