Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Carolina is it time to hire an attorney?
Sad 
I had carpal tunnel and ulnar nerve surgery on my left arm in Sept 2012 I had to have the same on the right arm in march 2013. In June 2013 the doctor released me. I work my regular duties for about 3wks. and started to feel the left arm having symptoms again. Now I am not able to use the are and it is deteriorating. I had another NCT and was told that my carpal tunnel was almost normal and that there was not a big change in condition of the elbow ( the carpal tunnel was moderately severe and the ulnar nerve was severe). When I returned for my follow up with my Dr. , He says that there are no issues. that the left arm shows some improvement and that means it is getting better. I explained to him that the are went from better to worst, how is that an improvement. He says that there is nothing wrong with the nerve, he fixed it it has to be something else. He ordered 3wks of desensitizing therapy and another follow up. I want to request a second opinion from a doctor outside of worker's comp. also I was told that this Doctor doesn't like giving impairment rating and when he does they are very low. I fell that this arm is not fixed.

Please give advice

Thanks

you are not clear as to what you want.
do you want treatment or do you want a high impairment rating?

if you want treatment, then you need a second opinion.
you can ask for one at any time. make sure they take work comp fees and will do a report. often time a teaching hospital will have doctor's more experienced in the latest treatments and do a better job of diagnosing your problem.

I'm not sure what you mean by "outside workers comp?" chosen by comp or paid by comp?
you can chose a doctor and pay for a second opinion at any time.
if you know a doctor that will do a report and accept comp fees, you can request the carrier arrange for a consultation with them.

if you want a higher rating/settlement, then a work comp atty will probably have some doctors names for you that will do that.
a doctor chosen by an atty may not be any better at treatment then your current doctor.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

1171 is right you need a second opinion and a good one. Preferably not one chosen by your WC agent. Do you have a lawyer? If not this is the time to retain one. Interview a couple choose the one you feel most comfortable with first apt is free beware of one that trys to make you believe you are going to get rich he is a liar its a long hard road. Good luck and come on over to the off topic section and meet the gang we try and lift spirits,tell a joke or two and will lift you in prayer if you want or need it.One marriage has even happened from this board long ago....But many a lasting bond stronger than blood has been made on here also. welcome home
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Experience in North Carolina Cashiered Too 10 3,751 03-25-2018, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Cashiered Too
  North Carolina Back Injury HurtCarolina 1 1,361 07-07-2017, 01:49 AM
Last Post: 1171
  North Carolina impairment rating and settlement question Joshlw 3 3,483 03-30-2017, 02:15 PM
  Quick question from south dakota Dontworryaboutit 8 2,217 03-19-2017, 12:19 PM
  Is it time for an attorney? Patrickius77 3 1,911 07-14-2016, 08:27 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  FCE- North Carolina WC Claim BKBROM29 6 6,746 04-07-2015, 10:26 AM
Last Post: BKBROM29
  South Carolina WC or Short/Long term disability topshelfswede 2 3,559 09-24-2013, 03:06 PM
  North Carolina question bentnotbroken 10 10,346 09-13-2013, 01:52 PM
Last Post: kate
  North Carolina question bentnotbroken 0 1,695 09-09-2013, 11:16 AM
Last Post: bentnotbroken
  Carpal Tunnel/Trigger Thumb in South Carolina Amarie1121 5 8,250 08-13-2013, 03:40 PM
Last Post: Amarie1121