Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need help on letter from attorney!
PLEASE advise! I am getting close to the settlement phase and this is what my attorney sent me. Is it correct that SSDI has to approve my medical? Here is the letter.
" Because you are currently receiving SSD any C&R settlement has to be approved by Social Security which means that there will be an analysis of the future medical care that will be needed and then a $$ amount put on that analysis."

This does not seem fair to me. I should NOT be penalized for being so injured that I am getting SSDI. I have had other legal issues with my attorney. PLEASE someone tell me if this is correct. Now i am all worried about long delays!

in order to keep medicare eligible workers from pocketing their medical treatment portion of their settlement and then relying on medicare for treatment of their work injury, medicare requires a certain portion of a work comp buyout be put into a set aside account to pay for future medical treatment of their work injury.
this only applies in cases where future treatment is included in the settlement.

you are not being penalized; medicare is being protected.

more here
http://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Coordination...rview.html

if you don't trust the advice and information of your atty you should consider switching; there is a single fee shared among all attys.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Yeppers he is right medicare is protecting its back, the money is yours but it must be kept in a bank account separate for use for your meds or medical care only
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  attorney letter demanding deposition? ka107 3 2,165 07-18-2016, 03:31 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Letter From My Attorney Cervical_Fusion 25 20,768 11-20-2011, 09:52 AM
Last Post: LeglEgl
  Has anyone hired another attorney to fight Dr. reports or Attorney mishandeling Confusedd 17 17,915 02-26-2008, 04:05 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  State Attorney or Private Attorney? jdx4 13 13,035 01-22-2008, 08:50 AM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  Dr's letter to attorney Bummer Knees 10 5,974 09-20-2007, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees