Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texas question here.
Tore my ACL and Meniscus in several places on my knee at work on June 3. Had the surgery on July 10, and going to PT sessions 3x a week. I'm getting my weekly pay from workman's comp and no real problems with that so far.

My question concerns what others have told me. They are saying that since this is considered a severe injury, I should receive a lump sum check after I'm released to go back to work. Is this true? If so, a ballpark figure on how much?

Also, in an injury like mine, can I expect a full release to return to work without restrictions? I ask because my employer has a policy of no return unless it's without restrictions. I'm almost 63 and counting on my pension from them when I retire, but I need 3 more years to be vested in their retirement plan, so I need to return to work there.

Any info is much appreciated. Smile

not necessarily.
more about permanent impairment benefits here
http://www.tdi.texas.gov/wc/employee/impairmentben.html

whether there will be restrictions or not depends on many factors especially the severity of the injury. your physician or medical professional familiar with the details of your condition may be in the best position to predict the outcome of your recovery. It really cannot be determined by anonymous posters on a public message board.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

If you were injured and you return to normal there really is nothing to settle. There are so many things that can factor in that it is hard to know what your case might be worth. If you can only return the that employer with no restriction I would be concerned. If you have no retirement from them unless you work another 3 years they could be trying to get out of paying this. I wish I could tell you what the chances are of returning from your surgery with no restriction but that is something your doctor will have to decide.

Ok, thanks for the info.

TEXAS does not have a "settlement" as in other states.

Texas has IIBS, TIBS, and LIBS.

The first "IIBS" is what you are receiving now.

The second "TIBS" is temporary income benefits. If you are left with an impairment after mmi (either found medically or two year statue) then you will have an impairment rating. For each point of impairment, you will receive 3 weeks of TIBS.

The third "LIBS", if your impairment rating is above 15. You can apply for LIBS.

Take Care
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Texas worker injured question Superman1978 2 1,551 04-21-2017, 11:43 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Texas Workers Comp Question mjob2206 2 8,300 03-11-2011, 01:29 PM
Last Post: AQA
  Texas WC question AQA 2 1,833 02-21-2008, 07:08 PM
Last Post: 1171