Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cervical Headaches
Jayne these freaking headaches are killing me anymore. I have them everyday, ane u know how they can last. What does everyone do for them?
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

C_F I wish I had a cure but there are days I over medicate and just sleep. I know how much I can take or should I say how much my body can take and still not die, I find Xanax works best if I want to stay awake with the rice sock a BC powder taken with water If I catch it soon enough but sometimes its just drugs and sleep. I wonder the nerves in our neck that cause the headaches cant they clip em when they do the surgeries? I know it is probley a dumb question but I would rather do numb that these headaches.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

I do not always recognize the start of a cervical headache so when the headache becomes full force it is to late to get the full effect of the medication.

The home treatment I use is a herbal heat pack per the microwave, tens unit, massage chair with no vibration, (vibration sends me into a migraine every time) and medication which is a last resort in most cases.

In related news, I saw the surgeon today for the right arm & hand/shoulder. I though I was having shoulder pain but it was confirmed to be related to the neck, a nerve conduction test was recommended. I did learn that an elbow joint replacement is in my future. I did not know there was such a thing!

I wear dark sunglasses whenever I am outside.
Ice on the back of my neck, and lie down when they start, sometimes helps them from getting out of hand

Having a headach like that is a horrible pain.

Hell all I have to do is turn my head at times and they are in full force, so trying to stop them before they happen to start is out of the question.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.

Cf I had the head turning thing before the cervical surgery so I understand what you are saying.

C_F I believe a cervical headache is right up there with childbirth on the pain scale,except when its over you don't have to raise it for 30 years

30 years?

And I thought I was finished when they were 18 yrs!

nope Becca will be 30 in Dec and she still lives at home....well kinda she has her own Cabin built on our farm,the one the church built for Mom and Dad.

I have a 28 year one still hanging around, but not living here, but gets her mail here, and we take care of car insurance, life insurance and cell phone. So still attached

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Those never ending cervical headaches Bummer Knees 3 2,045 09-18-2013, 11:28 AM
Last Post: jayne
  Help for cervical headaches Bummer Knees 8 6,144 05-10-2010, 05:39 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Cervical headaches Bummer Knees 10 4,100 01-15-2010, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Headaches Bummer Knees 12 3,540 01-25-2008, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Sithie