Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
insurance is deducting from my impairment.
So, the State Insurance Fund states that I have been paid too much in benefits since my industrial accident in 2011.

During the time I was injured at my full time career, I was also working a part time job as a retail salesman. Having some concerns about losing wages at that job as well, I inquired about reporting these hours to my claims adjuster with the work comp insurance. In the infancy of my claim, she saw no need to require me to include my part time jobs hours in to my income to what they would take into consideration later on when I lose my career due to my injuries to the 67% of the average weekly wage.

Now that I am almost 2 years past the date of injury, and still with an open claim, still working the part time job, still not fully released from doctors, and still receiving TTD. I have however been given an impairment from one doctor for PTSD of 7.4 percent. Now my question is, the over payment they are saying I have owed for not reporting earnings for my part time job from day one of the accident, will they be taking this amount out of the impairment award?

you are correct the overpayment is their fault
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I am preparing a lengthy case now. My case is now almost 2 years old and they have just now found a doctor that said I am medically stable. They have also sent me to a neuropsychologist 3 times and he just now released me with little more than a nod. It will be interesting to see what happens from here. Thank you. I have tons of other issues surrounding this crap storm!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lawyer deducting doctor's fee from my time loss check katicabogar 7 3,740 02-12-2008, 01:12 PM
Last Post: capricorn