Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Between a rock no career
again try your county services --located in the front of your phonebook.
here is a list of private vocational counselors
http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/SJDB/VRTWC_list.pdf
try one of them

there are also federal resources
http://www.doleta.gov/
or
http://www.dol.gov/dol/audience/aud-unemployed.htm
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

In cervical and Lumbar DJD/ DDD, symptoms are generally chronic postural strain induced and eliminating the abnormal posture will eliminate the problem in almost all cases. Hence the rise in popularity of workplace walking desks, ball chairs, standing workstations with high stools etc.

To put it in perspective: if you sit at a desk all day it is supposed to hurt, don't blame the disc - it's probably not doing anything. remember- there is no correlation between imaging studies and patients symptoms and complaints.

(09-08-2013, 03:23 PM)Cycler Wrote: In cervical and Lumbar DJD/ DDD, symptoms are generally chronic postural strain induced and eliminating the abnormal posture will eliminate the problem in almost all cases. Hence the rise in popularity of workplace walking desks, ball chairs, standing workstations with high stools etc.

To put it in perspective: if you sit at a desk all day it is supposed to hurt, don't blame the disc - it's probably not doing anything. remember- there is no correlation between imaging studies and patients symptoms and complaints.

No but it is a start to try to pin point the area,(pain generator).

Thanks to all for your replies.

1171 you rock with those links, DBL THX!! Although most of the county svcs in the phonebook you mention aren't available to me due to the fact I make more money than those programs apply to. It's just that I pay child support and that's where the $ goes, but it makes no difference here in CA, I won't qualify. That part I just have to suck up.

Will look into the other links, THX!

This is a tough one for me and I appreciate all you folks input.

(09-08-2013, 05:30 PM)bronco54501 Wrote:
(09-08-2013, 03:23 PM)Cycler Wrote: In cervical and Lumbar DJD/ DDD, symptoms are generally chronic postural strain induced and eliminating the abnormal posture will eliminate the problem in almost all cases. Hence the rise in popularity of workplace walking desks, ball chairs, standing workstations with high stools etc.

Actually Bronco is even more correct than he thinks. Cycler, I've had a year of this situation and a lot of doctor visits and a good amount of my own research into my condition and the tests done and the surgery they proposed, etc. and your last statement I'm not sure is in the right perspective. The fact is imaging *if supported by other tests* is one of the instruments that doctors use to make correlations between patients symptoms and the actual causality of the problem. It's not a perfect science & I'm not a doctor, but that's how the medical profession works from what I've learned.

Thanks for your reply though.

No, Bronco is not arguing my point and neither are you. Again, across the board and in every single study ever done there is absolutely zero correlation between an imaging study, be it x-ray CT or MRI, and a given individuals complaints. That is simply a fact.

That's not the same as saying that imaging studies are not useful. They are when used to corroborate the physicians physical examination and medial assessment. THat's why there are used every day, frankly vastly over used, as any medical economics paper will attest.

To put it another way, if you took the next 100 people over the age of 40 who drove past your house, well over half of them would have various "abnormalities" on a back MRI and yet had no history of back pain.

(09-10-2013, 05:11 PM)Torn Wrote:
(09-08-2013, 05:30 PM)bronco54501 Wrote:

Actually Bronco is even more correct than he thinks. Cycler, I've had a year of this situation and a lot of doctor visits and a good amount of my own research into my condition and the tests done and the surgery they proposed, etc. and your last statement I'm not sure is in the right perspective. The fact is imaging *if supported by other tests* is one of the instruments that doctors use to make correlations between patients symptoms and the actual causality of the problem. It's not a perfect science & I'm not a doctor, but that's how the medical profession works from what I've learned.

Thanks for your reply though.

much as I hate to admit it Cycler is right we begin the day we are born pulling and stretching on our backs when we begin walking and falling and everyday living we start the process of DDD its a fact. It is also a fact that many adults have no pain from it until one day they make that one wrong move and its gone....Some of us it happens at work some at play some are lucky and it never does....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

To expand on the topic, reflecting current understanding of low back pain, pain coming from a disc is far less frequent than pain coming from the joints in the neck and about 50/50 in the low back. However, the first test is often an MRI which cannot give you any information on the pain generating structure, only what looks abnormal. The mistake is in adopting the MRI finding and treating the test. No surprise then when treatment fails.

The best test available to physicians seeing a chronic spine pain patient is a medial chain branch block. It anesthetizes the nerve going to the joint and related structures for up to two hours. If the pain is relieved and then returns in the right time frame you have identified the pain generating structure. They are infrequently done though while a facet block has a high false positive rate from injury to the joint capsule.

(09-19-2013, 12:24 AM)jayne Wrote: much as I hate to admit it Cycler is right we begin the day we are born pulling and stretching on our backs when we begin walking and falling and everyday living we start the process of DDD its a fact. It is also a fact that many adults have no pain from it until one day they make that one wrong move and its gone....Some of us it happens at work some at play some are lucky and it never does....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  career change while on worker's comp? camillealdrete@msn.com 3 2,922 10-23-2016, 08:15 PM
Last Post: bugmann
  Move & New Career: How Does It Affect WC Distributions & Settlement? Thain 1 2,854 01-07-2012, 02:07 AM
Last Post: AQA
  Stuck between a rock and a hard place bagpussinamerica 18 11,564 11-18-2008, 07:44 PM
Last Post: bagpussinamerica
  Ready to rock and roll chrischris 10 6,156 10-09-2007, 02:04 AM
Last Post: Spring