Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medical Layoff
Hello,

I'm new to this site and I'm looking for advice. I have finally been to my last Dr appointment and he gave me permanent restrictions that mean no climbing latter's, stairs, kneeling, crawling or squatting. (I hurt my right knee, two surgery's )

The doctor also rated me for 10% and I will not be going to an IME. I am also MMI.

I am in Washington state and work for Boeing so our WC is through Sedgwick cms.
I was told by my disability manager said there is a good chance I will get medically laid off.

Does anyone know what happens with a medical layoff. Do I have any benefits. I'm only 26 with NP college, just military experience and with my permanent restrictions, it looks like I'm limited to a desk job.

Thank you and god bless.

your comp claim will continue. your medical and impairment benefits will be paid.
more information here
http://www.lni.wa.gov/ClaimsIns/Claims/default.asp
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(07-31-2013, 11:21 PM)1171 Wrote: your comp claim will continue. your medical and impairment benefits will be paid.
more information here
http://www.lni.wa.gov/ClaimsIns/Claims/default.asp

Boeing uses a third party insurer. Sedgwick CMS. The people voted a few years back that company's can choose to use wc or a third party. The link doesn't say anything about being medically laid off.

layoffs are an employer initiated action and is not covered as part of workers compensation regulations.
the employer maybe self-insured and has an administrative contract for claims adjustment.
your workers comp benefits are outlined by the link
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does layoff affect avg. weekly wage? drew62 5 4,728 07-02-2008, 07:19 PM
Last Post: lfoster21