Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
light duty but cant do duty
My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: PA

Long story short injured at work. It was a Sunday and i went back to work on Wednesday. The night of the injury i went to the er and the next day i went to a walk in medical center(the job sends us their). I was lifting a heavy object and injured my back. So fast forward a little bit all the doctors so far have put me on to light duty. The job has tried to accommodate me the best they can. It didn't work out since i only could stay for about 2 hours out of a 12 hour shift. I told the supervisor i couldn't stay the night. Morning time comes and i tell the HR dept. that i left early that night and ever night i couldn't make it in i called. She went ahead and told me not to come in just to get a paycheck if I'm injured. She went ahead and told me how the workers comp works that i have to be out for 8 days and so on. Fast forward to today the workers comp claims adjuster calls me. She goes ahead and does the whole give me a recorded statement about what happened and asking about my personal life. If i do activity's outside of work and so on. Then i tell her tomorrow will be the 8th day i have been out. She then tells me i wont be getting paid for that i tell her about the pain im in and that my jobs light duty did not work out. Also told her about the day i went home after staying only 2 hours out of a 12 hour shift. Also told her what the HR dept said.She also called my HR dept and they told her the same thing they told me. She then gets mad and tells me if i don't have a note taking me out of work i wont be getting paid. I keep bringing up the fact about my pain is so bad that its hard to stand on a concrete floor let alone keep going from sitting and standing. She keeps bringing up about me not having a note. Now do i have any say if this matter? The company doctors were putting me on light duty because of the finding of a strain. The mri shows a bulge, a herniation and fluid loss in the disc. If a chiropractor has the ability to diagnose disabling injures would a note from him stand up in this situation? I just feel the company doctors are working for the company and insurance company. If someone could shed some light on the situation it would be much appreciated.... Thanks a million..........

Call a Lawyer it looks like they are giving you the runaround and you could possibly be fired. I would not take a chance. WC Attorney will work for free until you are awarded something.

not really.
without a doctor's disability approval for time off work it won't be covered.
believe it or not some do not tell the truth about their disability so they are not going to pay you on your say so alone-gotta' have a doctor approving the time off.
if/when you are given light duty and you can't do it you need to get back to the doctor and explain what happened.
if you want to change doctors, you have to notify the carrier and request a new one.
a chiropractor is considered a physician for work comp disability determinations. make sure your change to the chiropractor is authorized.

more on workers comp in pennsylvania here
http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/ser...715&mode=2

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I agree that you should talk to a lawyer. Furthermore, you should have been given a list of at least 6 medical facilities that you can treat with. You get to choose from the list. You do not have to ask permission to change doctors so long as you stay on the list, and that would include a chiropractor. After 90 days, you can treat with whoever you want. Furthermore if you were not given a list, you can treat with anyone you want from day one.
Timothy D. Belt
DISCLAIMER: This post is intended as general information applicable only to the state of Pennsylvania. The answer given is based only on the facts provided. This post is not intended to create an attorney client relationship, or to provide any specific guarantee of confidentiality.

(07-30-2013, 08:27 PM)theworldasone Wrote: My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: PA

Long story short injured at work. It was a Sunday and i went back to work on Wednesday. The night of the injury i went to the er and the next day i went to a walk in medical center(the job sends us their). I was lifting a heavy object and injured my back. So fast forward a little bit all the doctors so far have put me on to light duty. The job has tried to accommodate me the best they can. It didn't work out since i only could stay for about 2 hours out of a 12 hour shift. I told the supervisor i couldn't stay the night. Morning time comes and i tell the HR dept. that i left early that night and ever night i couldn't make it in i called. She went ahead and told me not to come in just to get a paycheck if I'm injured. She went ahead and told me how the workers comp works that i have to be out for 8 days and so on. Fast forward to today the workers comp claims adjuster calls me. She goes ahead and does the whole give me a recorded statement about what happened and asking about my personal life. If i do activity's outside of work and so on. Then i tell her tomorrow will be the 8th day i have been out. She then tells me i wont be getting paid for that i tell her about the pain im in and that my jobs light duty did not work out. Also told her about the day i went home after staying only 2 hours out of a 12 hour shift. Also told her what the HR dept said.She also called my HR dept and they told her the same thing they told me. She then gets mad and tells me if i don't have a note taking me out of work i wont be getting paid. I keep bringing up the fact about my pain is so bad that its hard to stand on a concrete floor let alone keep going from sitting and standing. She keeps bringing up about me not having a note. Now do i have any say if this matter? The company doctors were putting me on light duty because of the finding of a strain. The mri shows a bulge, a herniation and fluid loss in the disc. If a chiropractor has the ability to diagnose disabling injures would a note from him stand up in this situation? I just feel the company doctors are working for the company and insurance company. If someone could shed some light on the situation it would be much appreciated.... Thanks a million..........

In MN. if you don't file a First Report of Injury with Workers Comp then you don't have an injury. Also, your employer should have offered it without question. I just started writing a HELP for IW's & though it's not done this is my start:

My experience & How I'm coming out of the IW's Twilight Zone.

WHOSE 'INTERESTS' DO THEY SUPPORT??
MINE or THEIRS ?

MINE = Myself !! (Relatives/friends with law degrees can not ethically help you. Respect them.)
Family & friends may naturally regress (defense mechanism) They may not believe me or may be afraid as I am. (Fear of the unknown) Choice = fight or flight for me & them! SO?
THEIRS = Insurers (worst & may be deceptive) check out who they cater to online.
THEIRS = Employers (they hire Insurers) & it costs them $$ Get employee records NOW!
THEIRS = Everyone else. (Remember, everyone has a Boss.) Respect them & their time.
THEIRS = Attorney's (Settlements are for them, not me) Online DOLI study link at end.
(a Gov. employee friend of mine asks callers “attorney?”, me “Yes”, them “Then talk to them”)
THEIRS & MINE = Doctors, WC, DOLI, QRC's have schedules & bosses! Respect them!
THEIRS or MINE ?? = Doctors. Get all Drs. reports immediately!! Not just ones they hand you. I found after a year of discussing my issues, some Drs. have told the opposite in reports in my medical record. I had to learn their language to find it. Insurers covet that since the Dr. is the one who is supposed to be trusted and is by judges. Even after sending emails & giving notes to them during visits they do not say I told them in reports. Instead the have said “NO SIGN” of what I told them about without using any diagnostics to even check. The employers insurers swamp Drs. with paperwork & question every bill for a reason.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  End of light duty tomatopaste 14 1,140 06-14-2019, 08:32 PM
Last Post: 1171
Exclamation Help please Was on light duty wc doctor....new doctor out of work till .. Feelbad 6 1,154 01-25-2019, 11:45 PM
  released full duty but still have arm/leg weakness backwater 1 526 10-18-2018, 02:57 PM
  what to expect from duty disability ime queenlee 4 2,025 02-06-2017, 09:45 AM
Last Post: queenlee
  Offer of Modified Assignment (Limited Duty) ArkieMailCarrier 1 2,910 04-06-2015, 02:09 AM
  Back Injury - Georgia Employer is forcing me to return to full duty nitto85 1 3,501 04-04-2015, 08:07 PM
  TN Fired after WC claim, Quit light duty job after Surgery Tango 3 3,565 03-27-2015, 11:08 AM
  Light duty Toyster16 1 2,690 06-18-2014, 09:49 PM
  michigan light duty daczs100 15 12,713 02-28-2014, 11:40 PM
  modified duty new employer lurch6889 1 2,024 12-09-2013, 12:36 PM