Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Injury received 1998 but treatment had to be restarted in 2008
My original WC injury occurred in 1998, cervical spine and low back. I did all the things I was supposed to do at that time, received no treatment, however was seen by a neuro and an MRI done showing buldging discs and disc dessication, among other things. I trudged along through the years, sometimes in pain, others just fine, until sometime in 2008 when the pain returned with a vengeance. I began to lose feeling in my hands from the c-spine injury, as well as nerve damage in my low back from that injury. I have continued to receive treatment, including surgery on my neck in 2010, and my low back in 2011. I have no doubt these problems are related to the injuries received back in 1998. Is there anything I can do, any way that I can file any of this on my previous workers comp claim?
By the way, I am STILL receiving treatment for these problems, and due to pain and nerve damage, there is absolutely no way I can go to work.
Thank you so much for your help!
There is such a thing as aggrivation of a pre-exsisting injury that is covered under some comp laws, and that would be filed as a new injury by any lawyer. How could you possibly exspect that company to even still be around. I hope it was mild then, at least, surgery wouldn't have been what would be the best recovery plan. I'm sorry, sounds like you really dont want to ruffle feathers, I'm sorry, It may be the best to do aggrivation as difficult as it could be. But the employer's insurance comp. may not be one to battle. Shy
May my personal experience help others. No question is stupid.
Your opinion really doesn't count; you need supporting medical evidence.
Most states have time limits for filing that are less then the 15 yrs that have elapsed since the injury.
Even if what happened in 2008 could be work related it is likely too late to file.
You can always contact an atty for their opinion.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  California: Prior injury private treatment / current injury WC ooWCQoo 15 5,485 09-03-2017, 03:23 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  RECEIVED STIPULATION AWARD ajcateeb 1 2,681 10-11-2016, 05:03 PM
Last Post: 1171
  QME panel received - feeling lost, help!! Palida 14 6,506 10-05-2016, 02:43 PM
Last Post: Palida
  Old Injury - Still Receiving Treatment Onrope 4 2,811 08-05-2016, 02:42 PM
Last Post: California_Help
Question Denied treatment for old injury salvador5266 15 7,647 01-26-2016, 09:25 PM
Last Post: 1171
  MSA AND SETTLEMENT QUESTIONS ON CALIFORNIA WC CASE SINCE 1998 dnorcal 3 5,100 07-28-2015, 07:08 PM
Last Post: 1171
  received check tammid5251 2 2,967 05-08-2015, 09:45 AM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  Contacted dr for treatment, received call back from his attorney constantpain 1 2,299 05-08-2013, 12:16 PM
Last Post: 1171
  End of treatment? Lower back injury in CA PainOC 10 12,956 10-10-2012, 12:39 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Approved for SSD Just received 2nd MMI rating lefty 2 7,167 11-16-2011, 05:38 PM
Last Post: lefty

Forum Jump:

Browsing: 1 Guest(s)