Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UPDATE
Hi All,

I just wanted to share my latest experiences. I got the report back from my emg, and it seems I have several things going on that I didn't know about like carppel tunnel and right shoulder and right knee problems from old exams in the past, and pinched nerves. Even though the EMG was only on my left side he felt I should have further testing to confirm his thoughts.

Anyway to make a long story as short as possible. I am the person fighting to finish her term with her employer to get my retirement next October. I went wed. to see my attorney once she saw how much I would loose If I didn't stay until next year her attitude changed. She is depoing the AME to see why he feels I can't work another 12 months being that I have been working for the last 4 years since my knee surgery. I went over the emg report with her and showed her the errors I found. She wants me to do another job discription to explain in detail what it is i actually do on my job and why I feel like I can keep working at least for 12 more months. So as it stands I am waiting until next month to see how the depo turns out she says if he amends his report( fingers crossed) I can go back to work as soon as next month. I am praying ever day that things work out in my favor. I told her I just wanted these next 12 months after that I don't care how they present my case because I will have finally made it to my retirment. She tried to tell me that my settlement would be in the 6 figure range but I doubt it. And it still doesn't make me want to just give up on my retirement because I would loose my medical ins. after 2 years. In the meantime I am still working to get into the department they have for injuried bus operators.

Wish me luck!
RH

Rholmes,
Good luck and prayers for you!
LillyBig Grin
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Rholmes, I hope that you can find a way to stay at work for another year. In your case they want to cheat you out of your retirement. Did they decide that was worth more than your wc? I just don't understand businesses and insurance companies! Best of luck!

Oh Rholmes......My prayers are with you for success. I know how much this means to you and I understand as I know my pension would help me immensly for life. You know, it's our money, no one should be able to take it away. Let us know. I have until this May to apply for disability on my pension and I have a feeling that my employer and WC will screw me out of it. Then I will have to wait 12 years to collect anything from it unless I want some heavy penalties.

CAP

Rholmes...Thanks for the update...Sure hope everything works out for you.

GOOD LUCK!!

Thank you everyone for the well wishes I will surly keep everyone posted. This has truly been a nightmare.