Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An interesting work related auto accident !!
So does anyone have any advice for a Canadian working in USA under a TRADE NAFTA VISA who gets struck by a public transit bus while working on a project in Indiana but my home office is in Tulsa Oklahoma which has the Head Office in Houstan Texas. Oh and I live in South Carolina. I think I would be looking at Indiana Workers Compensation for the settlement through

[deleted by admin: We do not allow personal identification on this board, particularly of individuals who are not members who willingly volunteer it. Please do not repeat this type of post]

reported to the administrator for too much personal information.

workers comp jurisdiction is either the state where the injury occurred or where you were residing at the time of the injury.
so indiana or North Carolina-your choice.

settlements have to be approved by the comp court. for faster processing I suggest you visit the claims adjuster asap and sign the necessary paperwork.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

My Quick Reply- My detailed information is just fine in my opinion. My residence is in South Carolina not North Carolina per your response. Do you have contact information for the, how do you spell it, the "comp court".

Kindest Regards,
Ritchie F. MacInnis
r.macinnis@yahoo.com
WITHOUT PREJUDICE I'm reading some of these other related and non-related threads, the content is just terrible, The workers compensation (WCB) is very negligent in North America. Employers in North America are paying a "Kings Ransom" to these Insurance companies and justice is not being served in a timely manner. A solution to this problem is to have a WCB employee investigate each file on site, in person with checks made with each persons community, "Church" or "Local Tavern". A second solution is to creat public awareness regarding worker safety especially in Canada, the States is better but we all need to keep accidents and cost due to accidents very small. WITHOUT PREJUDICE Kindest Regards Ritchie MacInnis r.macinnis@yahoo.com

http://www.in.gov/wcb/2340.htm

http://www.wcc.sc.gov/contactus/Pages/default.aspx
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Hey Ritchie stick around just for fun I like anyone who can get 1171s goat and shake him a bit hell I don't care where you live.....come on over to the off topics and help me rock the joint a bit there is a few of us that try to keep the spirits up for the rest of the poor ol saps that get caught by the system but sometimes he runs em off before I can get to em and remind em there is life after WC.Oh and for Christ sake don't let them do your case in Okla.I live in Heavener
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Shy Work related/induced stress & workers comp heartworkerNC 7 8,115 02-20-2019, 08:16 AM
Last Post: TerryLewis
Cool Car accident Babebahn 15 5,050 04-05-2018, 06:08 PM
Last Post: California_Help
MyBB car accident sandman 5 5,436 02-20-2018, 12:02 PM
Last Post: 1171
Sad Roll over car accident at work Nelle 4 2,063 10-11-2017, 09:22 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Is it legal to be obligated to use my paid vacation/sick off for work related injury? linwan 2 6,275 04-15-2016, 03:55 PM
Last Post: MarylandWorkInjuryLawyer
  Work accident while on buisness trip Erikarod41611 3 2,185 11-10-2015, 12:28 PM
Question Is it legal to be obligated to use my personal time for work related injury? OFilippov 1 4,384 08-22-2015, 01:55 PM
  Interesting legal decision in Florida 1171 15 9,507 01-16-2015, 12:27 PM
  Interesting what attorney said about deposition Backache1217 0 2,268 06-19-2013, 12:15 AM
Last Post: Backache1217
Question Is it legal to be obligated to use my sick time for work related injury? lucy 11 88,595 05-07-2013, 09:39 AM
Last Post: bronco54501