Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobbies......do you have one?
I at one time loved my farm and everything on it came home from work and took care of the stock and during growing season the garden....It was our hope to be off the grid by the time we retired.WC took care of that.while we have continued with planting of the fruit trees and grape and berrie vines large animals are out. But I have found a fun hobbie in chickens,I never relized there were so many for fun I always just got duel purpose birds heavy brown eggs layers so we could fry the roosters,now I am having fun with collecting trios (2 hens 1 rooster)of chickens they are bred and traded at auctions Bill builds my cages and I play with them so far I am learning and staying with cheaper trios some trios go for hundreds of dollars I get the 5 $ birds right now but I am watching and learning and putting any eggs they lay in the incubators....will have to get Becca to put pics on here.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

I like to shop estate sales and shop for furniture. I have found some unique pieces.

Dennis will rebuild and firm up the pieces while I refinish them.

I have been doing this with the profits going towards my brother-in-laws transplant fund.
I like to shop estate sales and shop for furniture. I have found some unique pieces.

Dennis will rebuild and firm up the pieces while I refinish them.

I have been doing this with the profits going towards my brother-in-laws transplant fund.

well when I first got down I picked my sewing back up {not good at it }but it did make time pass well seems I cant even do that anymore cant keep my mind on it just cant make myself get into it again
worry changes nothing prayer changes every thing

Shooting and about anything to do with firearms. Love to go shooting, just got done doing some work on a guys rifle for him.

I love a pretty gun if I could afford it my house would be over run with them I haven't shot one in years my grandkids are going to love them like we do the 12 year old granddaughter can hit better than her brothers

I have become a couch potato does that count as a hobby.

I tried to find a hobby or two, but it did not work out,

Jayne I have lately been looking at motor homes, maybe start camping as a hobby sine it looks like I will never make it to the beach. Now if I had all that money Bronco has maybe I could make it to the beach. LOL
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

I love my camper! and C_F you don't have to spend a lot of money to have a nice one. Sweettooth has the cutest 5th wheel and they bought it cheep and spent time fixing it up.I believe they bought it on craigs list. or out of their paper.Lots of people sell after deer season here or when a husband dies.Old motor homes go really cheap for that reason and have low mileage on them.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

yes I found it on Craigs List went and looked and paid for it and he had to deliver it we didn't even have a truck at the time so u can say we got the cart before the horse lollol but sure have enjoyed it makes a grand sleep over place for the grands

Well, I had hobbies, like gardening, sewing etc. But when I went downhill over the last two years I was unable to do any of it and that made me angry and then depressed. This year I felt a little bit like my old self and started into gardening again......and promptly fell down the hill and broke my leg....and I didn't even have a Jack beside me!!!! Now I am into my last three weeks of having the cast on and being able to put weight on to that leg. It just seems that every time I try to get back into something, something else prevents me from doing it. Before my settlement it was workers comp that always had the cute idea to send me away for rehab and physical therapy...and then when that didn't work, into short term nursing care to recover from that experience. I nearly didn't make it at all.

Now I am sitting here, just had a guy come in today to help with finishing up the painting in the house from a volunteer group here, and I was talking to him. He told me that their group is always looking for people to help out and told me about the admin work I might be able to do at home. I have also joined the American Legion Aux, which is a great help and supportive group all around. You give and you get. I am planning, once I am up and walking, on joining a new church with some friends from the legion. And that makes all of the difference. I need and depend on social experiences and interaction. So for now, that is my hobby. Just to get more involved, even it is just to talk to someone on the phone.

that's what has helped me thru and I am still grasping at that hand to pull me on it seems like as soon as we get thru one thing two more big ones befalls us but as much as has happened with me and family I cant look anywhere else for my refuse he is the answer

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hobbies Cervical_Fusion 36 20,279 06-08-2010, 01:08 AM
Last Post: AQA