Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
finally getting perm rating, now what??
I fnally have a hearing for perm rating. After this can I sue the company for unsafe working conditions - the company where I worked had the employees move their office to a new location, we used our own cars and gas to move office equipment, such as printers, computers , files, etc. I was hurt moving this stuff. The employer didn't give us a choice, only said they needed us to move the office. They were trying to save money. So we all helped out.

Also, during one of my doctors IME, the doctor said that the my condition was caused by surgery,. of course I wouldnt have had the surgery if I wasn't injured, so not sure what he meant my this.

Any ideas???

You'll probably need a lot stronger evidence to sue employer--
Safety violation or the knew it was dangerous and you were likely to get hurt.
You don't lose you right to file for malpractice.
The difficulty for either will be getting an atty willing to put in the time and money.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(06-11-2013, 10:56 PM)1171 Wrote: You'll probably need a lot stronger evidence to sue employer--
Safety violation or the knew it was dangerous and you were likely to get hurt.
You don't lose you right to file for malpractice.
The difficulty for either will be getting an atty willing to put in the time and money.

Its been a while, but after I was injured my boss said I couldnt take off work to go to my doctor to see what my injury really was because they were too busy, so I waited until after I got off work and went to a nighttime ER. Come to find out I tore my tendon and was working like that all day.

As per the surgeon, immediately after taking the stitches out and removing a soft boot, he said you can go to work tomorrow! I said I have been in a boot, cast for 16 months waiting for surgery and havent put any weight one it. I thought I would have been sent for physical therapy, but evidently the insurance company said NO. I know this surgeon usually sends people for PT because I know someone who had the same surgery by him and she was sent for 8 weeks of PT. I guess when you have WC you are treated like a second class citizen!

you get the care you want when you pay for it.
they get you the care they want when they pay for it.

some states have utilization review rules that control care.
denial of recommended care can usually be appealed.
without knowing your state I can't comment on your situation.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(06-12-2013, 01:20 AM)1171 Wrote: you get the care you want when you pay for it.
they get you the care they want when they pay for it.

some states have utilization review rules that control care.
denial of recommended care can usually be appealed.
without knowing your state I can't comment on your situation.

Sorry, Maryland......i guess i would say the problem is that while waiting for appeal, which took 7 months at one time made me so much worse, i ended up with Complex regional pain syndrom and now am in severe pain all day. All doctors have said if i would have had surgery upon the incident that i would not be in this position. So just wondering if they are more responsible than just WC

any complications from treatment or delays are covered by the comp claim; but not civil suit--unless you can show it was intentional and the delays in hearing your appeal were instigated by them to exacerbate your complications.
most attys won't attempt a civil suit in a comp case but you are free to look for one.

P.S.
if you are going to post regularly put your state in your profile.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NC - perm partial disability - multiple MDs to rate the part for different Dx HeyNowNC 3 4,084 07-31-2016, 01:02 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Back at work but now issued P& S with perm. Restrictions Worriedgirl 52 29,261 05-11-2016, 02:17 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  perm total disability awarded/atty fees lisawilson7991 4 6,812 07-29-2014, 10:17 PM
  Another question..re. settlements vs. perm. disability lfoster21 14 15,890 04-26-2014, 08:45 AM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Texas DD rating versus RME rating danitaw63 3 13,777 11-26-2011, 02:12 PM
  Dr. wants to make me Perm and stationary cat27 4 7,851 11-11-2009, 08:57 PM
  perm. impairment award denmantragic 3 7,843 03-20-2009, 11:50 PM
Last Post: whiteheadsr
  Finally got rating in...already settled capricorn 8 8,415 10-28-2008, 10:33 AM
Last Post: capricorn
  Perm. impairment ? lfoster21 4 4,429 07-08-2008, 11:24 PM
Last Post: lfoster21
  Perm & Stationary by QME! Jkirk526 2 5,562 06-14-2008, 10:46 AM