Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone in a case involving Arthritis?
I am only 44 and because of my job, I go home crying from the pain in my hands almost every night. I have not been to the Dr yet (going this week), but I am most certain it's some form of arthritis, possibly Osteoarthritis, which is basically "wear and tear" of the joints. There is no other position for me to take to lessen the type of labor I am doing, so no change of assignment to help ease the pain. If I take time off to subside the symptoms, I would only return to the same job environment, and the pain will return. This has also affected my everyday life at home, even the simple tasks of washing hair or doing dishes is painful. I am worried about saying anything to my employer, so I have not said anything yet. Although, a co-worker has heard my complaints of pain. Anyway, anyone been through anything similar? And what should I do?! I have my appointment next week, but then what?? How would WC pay on something like this? Temporary or Lifetime? Any advice or experiences would be appreciated. Thank you!

You can't get comp benefits without notifying the employer--the sooner the better.
Each state has different rules generally they would only pay temporary disability until the aggravation recovers or you reach maximum medical improvement.
Without knowing your state no one can say for sure.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(06-11-2013, 10:14 PM)1171 Wrote: You can't get comp benefits without notifying the employer--the sooner the better.
Each state has different rules generally they would only pay temporary disability until the aggravation recovers or you reach maximum medical improvement.
Without knowing your state no one can say for sure.

Thanks 1171. I wasn't sure if I should go to the Dr first or say something to my employer first? My boss lives out of state, so I would need to phone him just for this reason. I suppose my thinking was to have a diagnosis to go a long with that phone call. Or would it be better to let my employer know ahead of time that I am going to the Dr? Also, I live in Florida.

Employer first.
You can only go to an authorized physician.
Workers comp is not health insurance.
More here
http://www.myfloridacfo.com/WC/
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(06-11-2013, 10:48 PM)1171 Wrote: Employer first.
You can only go to an authorized physician.
Workers comp is not health insurance.
More here
http://www.myfloridacfo.com/WC/
Thank you! That was very helpful. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hand Injury Involving Middle Finger Tendon Razortceps 1 10,239 02-29-2012, 01:04 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Complex Meniscus Tear and Arthritis=WC Covered Total Knee Replacement allison 5 18,998 04-02-2011, 11:57 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Any Workers Comp Cases Involving IPF (Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis) ? Knip 7 15,189 04-23-2009, 09:51 AM
Last Post: Lilly