Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A few Questions
When your not represented by an att. then you can speak directly to the CA. (Claims Adjuster.) They are the ones that make all the decisions for your case. Rather it be treatment, meds. ect.....

Usually, when you file a comp claim, and hire an att. they fire you.

That's what happened too me, and in California, we have "AT WILL" which means, you can quit anytime you want, and can be fired, anytime they want. I filed a wrongful termination, and lost, due to "AT WILL" laws in place.

(02-21-2015, 11:21 AM)theo Wrote: Well it hasnt been 2 weeks yet since i hired a attorney for this ordeal,,, Friday morning ( 2-20-15 ) I got called into the office by the manager and was questioned about my " work performence" I have 40 years at this place and have never been called into the office in all that time. Why all of a sudden this comes up???? Would the lawyer have sent papers to my work place ? Something happened and i'am not quite sure what brought this on,,,, i know its not from my "work performence" Anyone give me some thoughts and what to expect next?

Should i contact my attorney and ask if they contacted my place of employment yet? Should i let the attorney know i was called into the office?

(02-22-2015, 08:46 AM)theo Wrote:
(02-21-2015, 11:21 AM)theo Wrote: Well it hasnt been 2 weeks yet since i hired a attorney for this ordeal,,, Friday morning ( 2-20-15 ) I got called into the office by the manager and was questioned about my " work performence" I have 40 years at this place and have never been called into the office in all that time. Why all of a sudden this comes up???? Would the lawyer have sent papers to my work place ? Something happened and i'am not quite sure what brought this on,,,, i know its not from my "work performence" Anyone give me some thoughts and what to expect next?

Should i contact my attorney and ask if they contacted my place of employment yet? Should i let the attorney know i was called into the office?

Of course you should. An attorney is only as good as the information he has available.
Timothy D. Belt
DISCLAIMER: This post is intended as general information applicable only to the state of Pennsylvania. The answer given is based only on the facts provided. This post is not intended to create an attorney client relationship, or to provide any specific guarantee of confidentiality.

Thank You for the reply Mr Belt,, i will do so on Monday. Would my attorney have contacted my workplace about me hiring them? Something brought this on quite suddenly. How much say would my employer have in this situation, they ( my employer ) are self insured. I just want my specific loss benifit money now, but the WC wont give it to me until i sign papers saying that i am 100% ok, i will not do that so they dont want to give me my money now. Correct me if i'am wrong, this specific loss benifit money is a " Giving " I'am not suing WC or filing another claim, just want what i feel i have coming. Am i right or wrong on this?

^ Anyone?????

Of course they notify the ins. company and the employer. That's why people usually get fired right after they hire an att. Like I said, if you live in an "AT Will" state, they can fire you for your hair being too long. Just like you can quit if you don't want to work there anymore.

Try filing a wrongful termination, and see how far that get's you.

If you do, and win, let us all know, cause it is rare to win one.

This is MY experience with the same situation. doesn't mean that's what will happen too you.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

when you retain an atty then to the other party is seems like you are suing.
did you discuss your problems with getting your comp $$ with the employer before you got an atty?
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

yes i did, they just said " do what you have to " They did not seem to happy about it. I've been told though that this will not cost my company any money, this is up to the WC to pay,,,, any truth to that? Or will my company being self- insured have to foot the bill? All i want is my specific loss benifit.

since your employer is self-insured they pay all comp costs dollar for dollar.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

So they do have a big say in this matter????? Or is it just the WC playing me around????