Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A few Questions
^ Anyone?????

No replies?????

Insurance companys get paid by the employers.
When they have to pay out money, they raise the rates.
Whether you hired a lawyer or not plays no role in this.

I worked for my company for 37 years. Never missed a day of work. I was hurt on the job.
As soon as I was hurt, and went on comp, I was terminated for missing time.

I not sure who/what you mean by "WC"?
a self-insured employer has lots of strong input to its contracted administrator for worker's compensation benefits.
it has little or no input to how the state's workers compensation board/commission runs day-to-day operations.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Since your employer is self insured THEY are the one's paying your benefits. How involved in your claim varies, but if they are telling you they have nothing to do with your benefits getting paid....in my opinion they are full of it.

Call your attorney about these issues before you talk to your employer.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

(02-28-2015, 01:03 PM)California_Help Wrote: Since your employer is self insured THEY are the one's paying your benefits. How involved in your claim varies, but if they are telling you they have nothing to do with your benefits getting paid....in my opinion they are full of it.

Call your attorney about these issues before you talk to your employer.

I feel the same as you feel on this, i feel they have a big say in wheather i get my specific loss money now or they want me to fill out papers saying i am 100 % ok first before they give me my money which i will not sign the papers. I'am just trying to see if my company is being honest with me or if the insurance ( I call them the WC ) company is playing with me. My boss told me he has little say in this matter, i think he has alot of say.

I would not sign any papers without your attorney reviewing them. Something sounds odd.

Your boss may not have any say, but your HR department should. Self insured means they do not have a work comp insurance company and all monies in a claim will be at the employers expense 100%. They will usually have a third party administrator dealing with the claim.

Have you discussed these forms stating you are 100% with your attorney?
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

I just hired the attorney about 3 weeks back, he is taking care of everything. Just makes me mad that WC wanted me to sign these 100% ok papers just in order for me to get my specific loss money when i found out from you fellows that i dont have to do that to get my money. Now i not only lost half my finger but i have to pay a attorney 20% of what i am entitled to by law,,, not right in my book.

sounds like a phony piece of paper that won't hold water--any one can see that part of your finger is missing. the paper would be an obvious lie and worthless in a court.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

The 20% will be money well spent in the end. You will see. If they are playing games with false documents right from the start, how do you think it would have gone?