Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SC workmanship comp newbie & shocked
In fell at the office April 30. Immediately my HR person reported it and got a case # assigned, so it was no problem as far as my employer. "Naive" me went immediately to my orthopedist's office. I was shocked when it was such a big deal that I fell at work. I had to pay for my visit that afternoon.
To make a long story short, finally a MRI was scheduled by WC. My orthopedist office called me in and said I needed surgery on my knee. Only arthroscopic, thank goodness.
My question is, where did WC go? After I informed my rude and obnoxious WC representative I needed surgery they immediately asked for all my records. It's been over a month and I can't get any answers, by phone, email, or fax. It's like they disappeared. I am working, but in pain. I have a pre-existing back fracture that makes my back very fragile. I take medication daily for this, but the constant limping is causing lots of problems with this in addition to the knee pain. The only communication I've received from WC is a prescription card for use with drugs related to my injury.
I have an appointment with an attorney Monday. I am assuming I need one. If I could use my own insurance I would already be on the road to recovery. What a messed up system! How does WC have the right to delay appropriate medical treatment and cause this type of frustration to people? I work for a managed care company. If we treated our insured clients like this we would be out of business! Immediately I was treated like a criminal.

the rights of both parties have to be supported by medical evidence.
they will have to show theirs to the comp court to avoid penalties.
some carriers prefer litigation.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

it is not about you, it is about how to pay as little as possible and protect the employer, what you need is wayyyyyy down on their list, if even on their list,,,

(06-08-2013, 08:45 AM)Bethtanker Wrote: In fell at the office April 30. Immediately my HR person reported it and got a case # assigned, so it was no problem as far as my employer. "Naive" me went immediately to my orthopedist's office. I was shocked when it was such a big deal that I fell at work. I had to pay for my visit that afternoon.
To make a long story short, finally a MRI was scheduled by WC. My orthopedist office called me in and said I needed surgery on my knee. Only arthroscopic, thank goodness.
My question is, where did WC go? After I informed my rude and obnoxious WC representative I needed surgery they immediately asked for all my records. It's been over a month and I can't get any answers, by phone, email, or fax. It's like they disappeared. I am working, but in pain. I have a pre-existing back fracture that makes my back very fragile. I take medication daily for this, but the constant limping is causing lots of problems with this in addition to the knee pain. The only communication I've received from WC is a prescription card for use with drugs related to my injury.
I have an appointment with an attorney Monday. I am assuming I need one. If I could use my own insurance I would already be on the road to recovery. What a messed up system! How does WC have the right to delay appropriate medical treatment and cause this type of frustration to people? I work for a managed care company. If we treated our insured clients like this we would be out of business! Immediately I was treated like a criminal.

Wow. So I guess I really do need a WC lawyer? I guess talking to my HR department is a no-no? I never took any time off, just struggled into work. At the time I didn't want my employer to think I was one of THOSE employees. I am still working, struggling but getting there every day. I cry every morning from the pain.
The reality of the WC system is mind boggling and depressing. How much money do they waste trying to get out of paying money? And, in my case it is just arthroscopic surgery, in the surgery clinic.

Well you are one of those employees, the one that is hurt and it is going to cost them money to fix. It's sad but once you are injured and going to cost them anything they can act like they don't know you. Don't feel like you have to just suck it up and deal with it. Doing so can cause you more pain and suffering and they don't pay for that. Speak with a lawyer is your best move right now but make sure you feel good with the one you pick because they can help but some can only be looking for a quick buck. With a pre-existing back problem they are going to try and use that and anything else to say it is not their problem and you will need a good lawyer to get the help you need. Once you do get one watch out. They can do several things. One is they might stop screwing around and provide the care you need, Second they could keep up the fight and try to get off as cheap as they can. One other things they could try is to act like they are now on your side and be your best friend. They could try to get you to do things the doctor tell you not to so they can use that to try and prove you are not as injured as you say. Good luck

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question WC Newbie heatonsgal 5 2,568 06-14-2016, 03:33 PM
Last Post: 1171
  cumulative injury in CA (newbie) tiona 6 3,916 03-16-2016, 05:31 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Newbie to forum - Chronic Pain - C&R celenr02 4 4,346 08-13-2015, 05:41 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Newbie with knee injury doglover 6 6,745 07-29-2013, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
Rolleyes Question from NY newbie electrotyper 3 3,173 04-15-2013, 11:49 AM
Last Post: electrotyper
  Newbie Needs Insight - Over My Head auhunter 3 3,927 03-15-2012, 04:39 PM
Last Post: jayc123
  WA State newbie Shoulder57 11 9,149 03-02-2012, 12:14 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Newbie to WComp Format Has Question Writer111 3 5,411 02-15-2011, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Writer111
  Newbie question: Off the Clock... mfena0720 13 10,965 01-22-2010, 12:07 PM
Last Post: kit
Question WC "newbie" - ?s re out-of-state travel Ladyslipper 13 9,568 11-02-2009, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Ladyslipper