Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cell Phones
that a great plan 1171 if it was verizon around here if you arent verizon you dont have any service
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

if you have cable modem and wireless router you don't need verizon, AT&T, T-MOBIL, etc.
it connects like your laptop, tablet, etc, to the internet.
sort of like a "magic jack" for your cell phone.

it only uses the Sprint cell phone network when your wi-fi internet is unavailable.

the phone has two radios.
only if wi-fi is unavailable does it's second radio connect to the Sprint network
http://www.republicwireless.com/coverage-map

only If you lost wi-fi access and could not connect to Sprint would you lose connection.

here's a review by someone who knows how to live inexpensively
http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/2013/05/3...hone-plan/
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

My cell carrier is Sprint and my phone connect to my local router when at home.

When I am away from home if my the location where I am at has Wifi my phone will connect to the local wireless system.

Problem I have is the hot spot which activates the ipad sometimes doesn't always work because the cell is try to connect to a wireless system.

Had to take the phone to the Sprint Store to be re-programed.

Consumer Cellular is the plan that AARP endorses. You only have a few phones to pick from but the plans are good, and the service is good. I had them as my carrier prior to getting a smart phone but dropped them for Verizon. I see they now offer smart phones.

BTW, I have iPhone 4S and iPad tablet. I live under the Cloud.
Let Go, and Let God......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  smart phones jayne 5 3,477 02-20-2012, 12:23 AM
Last Post: AQA
  A White Blood Cell Chases Bacteria...Totally Awsome! Wink 7 4,361 12-09-2009, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Sunshine7
  New Cell Phone Question chrischris 7 4,897 11-23-2008, 10:44 PM
Last Post: red1030