Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Went dream shopping
Do you all ever do that? Thanks to the computer I can and do go dream shopping yesterday it was 5th wheel shopping and boy howdy to they have some nice ones out there.You can get them with fireplaces even....anyhow by the time I was done putting my dream 5th wheel together it cost more than I paid for my farm can you believe that?I think I will stick with my little trailer if I had all those things I wouldnt get out of the trailer to see the other things around me...Sure was nice being able to window shop tho without hurting or spending a dime
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Jayne we have a small travel trailer, a Vibe, self contained, nothing special, it's paid for and that's all that counts. We've made changes to it like a wall pantry, shelves with baskets for clothing and extra outlets. It's fine for two people for awhile. Sure one day when we retire it will be a bigger one but still nothing fancy. I don't want a fire place inside, we do fires outside, it's a wasted space if you ask me, just for show. Storage is what is important, easy to get to, then weight over all. Our trailer and tow vehicle are paid for so gasoline is the extra expense. Planning a vacation later this year into south Tx, maybe two weeks to the Davis Mountains. Two years ago we went to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons for vacation, went over budget on gasoline by over $400., we had budgeted $900. and that included travel. I hadn't googled gas prices being at $4. a gallon in Yellowstone, it hurt us a bit but still had a great time.

Yes BB we have a 32 ft travel trailer now,I have developed a phobia about bedbugs and want to take my bed with me where ever I go,not to mention my dogs.I know to some they are a pain in the rear but I love my dogs more than some people.I can also save the cost of extra fuel by cooking my own meals.And I am "at home" where ever I am....I do however like to dream the big dream.......

Jayne, we do it all the time,. When we had internet we always looked at the new rv's/ boats e.t.c.. On the travel channel I record all camping/ rv'ing/ anything recreational that some day we might be able to do..

Bronco do you have hotspot on your cell phone. It cost me $25.00 a month and I can use it and connect the computer and ipad to the internet.

Your dream shopping of campers and rv's make me think of my dream shopping of a beach side home. I have come to accept that mine is only dreaming shopping, as it will probably not be reality.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

We go to alot of RV shows to get an idea on how to improve our rig all the time. I imagine that one day we'll have a 30' retirement coach of some sort. Nothing fancy, just comfortable.

I like looking at the new RV's but some of them are just too darn pretty and fancy. How the heck can you RV with off white carpet and ruffles?

LOL thats what Bill and I was saying,why go anywhere its so nice inside you dont need to go outside.....they even have automatic levaling now.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brides maid dress shopping Bummer Knees 4 2,910 11-10-2013, 02:43 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  RV Shopping Cervical_Fusion 20 9,087 08-22-2013, 11:59 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Wedding dress shopping Bummer Knees 2 8,709 07-22-2013, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Enter your dream, wish, prayer here bodybuilder1958 10 7,025 06-27-2010, 10:57 PM
Last Post: Wink
  School shopping bronco54501 14 8,343 02-17-2010, 12:37 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Black Friday shopping, how did it go? Manley2 6 5,517 11-27-2009, 03:44 PM
Last Post: hurt at work
  Please be Careful During This Holiday Shopping Season!! Still in Limbo 8 6,918 11-27-2009, 11:45 AM
Last Post: MJC
  avatar shopping halftrak 7 6,706 07-08-2008, 09:18 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  start xmas shopping now jayne 3 3,247 06-20-2008, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Alec-Eldifrawi
  The dream journey AQA 2 1,717 02-27-2008, 01:24 AM
Last Post: monster