Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maybe we can help.
Before I started reading the new posts here this morning I got to thinking about the new people we see here. It seems like every few days we see a new post from somebody that has found their way here and all because of the same reason, trouble with WC. Well maybe not all, we sometimes get a very few who have been hurt but seem to be recovering and are mad because they are not going to get a big check. But those are very few. Any way back on my thinking here this morning. I know in the WC world there are really a small number of us that have a big fight with the system because we are hurt and I know the way they are changing the laws those like us are only going to get treated worse as they enter the system. None of us got injured because we were looking for a life of laying around and doing nothing all day while or bank accounts got fat, we got hurt doing our job and now have to live in pain on a daily if not hourly basis. Praying that we don't lose everything we have because they have the money to play games with us. Not sure if that was a little rate or me trying to paint the picture but here is my though. Wondered if we could do anything to even stop one person from needing this board. Maybe a prayer from us. Maybe those that will just say a prayer that today somebody doesn't get hurt and need this board. Maybe it would stop just one more person from having to join the ranks of living a life in pain and suffering. And not just the ones that make it here because they are getting the shaft from the system but even those that are seriously injured but get everything taken care of without the fight.
Can we stop one person from the pain? We will never know if we did unless one day down the road when we are standing at the gates and it is in the book of our life

Manley aways back we started a 9 oclock prayer for those on here that need extra prayer for either themselves or a friend or family member then we got kinda lax and stopped I guess most of the regulars on here are always in my prayers but I also have gotten lazy in that department we all have as this part of the board is not as alive here lately.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Just knowing there is someone besides family to talk to is a big help.
I see no way to keep someone out of the system, it's a bear trap, and when it gets you, your stuck.
Having someone tell you what to expect is a big help, Being able to have some one who has gone through it explain the next step helps, and having 1171 tell you the legal side is reassuring.

Watching Jayne and 1171 battle on their political differences is off the wall hilarious !!! LOL

oh it can get really heated sometimes,Admin had to shut the whole board down about 6 years ago cuz it was about to blow to hell

oh it can get really heated sometimes,Admin had to shut the whole board down about 6 years ago cuz it was about to blow to hell

All I was thinking of was to say a prayer that just one person who might enter into the WC system and have a fight on their hands not get hurt this day. I know it will keep happening to people but I would just like to hope all our prayers could keep just one person out of this hell. Jayne I remember doing the 9:oo prayers we did. I do keep the regulars in my prayers and try to keep up with those asking for the extra ones. It just came into my mind this morning to try a prayer to help somebody that might not ever know they got our prayer. Like I said we would never know until maybe one day I hope is a long way down the road. Even then I don't need to know it was just a though

w/c is not good to deal with, don't wish any one to have to deal with getting hurt on the job. this is mt first time dealing with them, the IC cut me off two months ago, now I have three doctors saying I should have not been cut off, one is the latest AME evaluation agreed by the lawyer and the IC, we will see if the IC disagrees with this report also, I filled out a state disability claim also and will be sending that is today just in case, I too just want to get fixed, but all doctors have said I might want to look into a different occupation, but after 42 years of work and the last 33 years as a union electrician I dont see myself as a good candidate for school, I can not focus my mind to long anymore, and have trouble setting at a desk for more than 30 minutes at a time, god help those to not be in this situation,,,

As I said we might never know if anybody was helped but I do know the other day somebody surprised me with a check for $450 that will cover something I was paying for out of my pocket. It was a very nice surprise for sure. That and the phone call I got the other day sure made this a good week. Spoke with my lawyer after my voc rehab meeting and even liked what he had to say.
With it getting hotter I've been staying in and the gas prices have keep me from making any trips into town so it has been nice to have some uplifting things happen this week. It's only going to be hotter next week so we will see how it goes

Manley it is good to get those surprises isn't it.

Yep, they never seem to happen very often but they sure do help out