Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dis-continuing payments?
Okay guys, I was notified (by email) that I was being controverted on the 24th (I live in Alaska) and was paid compensation thru the week ending the 25th (May this year). I received the paperwork in the mail the following week that I was controverted. Now my Dr. office calls and said that they have refused to pay for a Dr. appt. I had on the 24th of May and one on the 7th of May. Are there any laws that address this? thanks for the input. I will be checking with our WC board in the a.m. but wondering what others experience has been.

the law requires that they state specific reasons and evidence to support the denial of benefits.
if you wish to dispute the denial, you have to file a claim with the Work Comp Board and also should request a penalty.

the Information & Assistance unit can help with your filing and how to request a Hearing:
http://labor.state.ak.us/wc/info-assist.htm
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(06-05-2013, 11:46 PM)Debradough Wrote: Okay guys, I was notified (by email) that I was being controverted on the 24th (I live in Alaska) and was paid compensation thru the week ending the 25th (May this year). I received the paperwork in the mail the following week that I was controverted. Now my Dr. office calls and said that they have refused to pay for a Dr. appt. I had on the 24th of May and one on the 7th of May. Are there any laws that address this? thanks for the input. I will be checking with our WC board in the a.m. but wondering what others experience has been.

You need an attorney no matter what they will not work with you for your benefit, they are not your friends

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Indemnity and continuing Dr. Appts pas2355 3 2,108 01-20-2014, 06:40 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Continuing the trial date Saving Grace 1 2,065 07-02-2011, 12:20 AM
Last Post: 1171