Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Found to be at MMI & Benefits stopped
Fell off a Bus. I am a bus driver. Been off work since july 2011. **no names please** paying benefits through 2 surgeries till last Thursday.

My Treating Doctor , **no names please** found another 3rd new tear on MRI last month , and requested another 3rd surgery, was denied by the insurance company , and is filing an appeal, . I also have back problem from related surgery in 1984 and insurance company refused to acknowledge back and feet problems.

MMI ordered in the meantime by the insurance company and Idiot chiro-quack MMI 'doctor' , yeah, the guys who is a chiropracter and couldn'rt even get into Med School) diagnosed MMI disability at 2% (and also reaggravated my injury , and so the Insurance company stopped benefits as of last Thursday.

I am in awful pain in back and knees still, especially since MMI chiropracter reaggravated injury, and I still have the Meniscus tear , that treating doctor who did previous two surgeries from fall) wants to operate on to repair. Doctor is now appealing to **no names please** pre- auhorization. I am Looking for permanent disability.

What do I do? Would there be any interest in this for a Lawyer? In Texas there is no settlement.

Can/ Should I file a disagreement with this 2% rating through Texas workforce commission ombudsmen?

How can I be at MMI when my Surgeoun has done an MRI< found another different tear, and ordred surgey, and how can it be denied??
Thanks.

I am still on light duty orders ( cannot go back to my previous heavy job ) from my treating surgeoun, and now have no income. So I'm freaking out now , since my old job is too strenous and don't have any source of income.

What about Social security? Unemployment?

Thanks so very much for your input.

you can talk to a lawyer without cost.
lawyers are still used in Texas comp to help resolve disputes.
you need medical evidence if you are to challenge the rating.
you only need to be at MMI for your work injuries.
yes file for SSDI.
unemployment won't pay unless you can find a job and work.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(06-04-2013, 11:29 AM)1171 Wrote: you can talk to a lawyer without cost.
lawyers are still used in Texas comp to help resolve disputes.
you need medical evidence if you are to challenge the rating.
you only need to be at MMI for your work injuries.
yes file for SSDI.
unemployment won't pay unless you can find a job and work.

Thanks. Again, how can I be at MMI if I have a torn miniscis that the doctor want sot operate on- that was a work related injury same as the other two knee tears.
Do you mean I 'have to be at MMI for work injuries' in order to talk to a lawyer? Aren't I somehow going to have top say I'm NOT at MMI, even the the insurance company declared so?

initial consultation with a lawyer is no charge.
if you retain a lawyer, any fee will be deducted from future benefits.
yes you can dispute MMI with medical evidence.
have you contacted Ombudsman/Office of Employee Counsel yet?
http://www.oiec.texas.gov/topics/ombudsman.html

more here on handling comp disputes in texas
http://www.tdi.texas.gov/wc/employee/dispute.html
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

If the denied surgery is finally approved, whcih i think it will be, can the office of injured workers counsel order disablity benefits to be reinstated? The adjustor for the insurance company told me that even if the surgery was approved by them, there would be no more disablity checks, which leaves me wondering how I am going to afford the time off to recupaerate after surgery?

no, they have no judicial authority.
they can help with benefit review conference, arbitration, and other judicial proceedings that do have legal authority to award benefits including disability.

Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  lawyer has not found my brother a PTP after Four Months in Ca? Billy Miller 6 2,086 02-01-2018, 11:50 PM
Last Post: California_Help
Rolleyes Time-Loss Stopped - What Are My options? shefallsdown 4 2,256 01-24-2017, 01:06 PM
Last Post: shefallsdown
Exclamation Work Comp stopped payments unbeleivable lack of knowledge rps 1 3,071 11-13-2014, 03:04 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Insurance Co stopped talking Rebos 21 13,697 06-12-2014, 04:59 AM
Last Post: Rebos
Toungue CA - IC Refuses Treatment That IMR Found Medically Necessary SickOfTheProcess 4 4,640 05-02-2014, 09:30 PM
Last Post: kev_b
  Me vs **no names please**-workcomp checks stopped again. lonestar_61530 4 6,997 01-26-2014, 12:11 PM
Last Post: CheriLovesJesus7
  Hopefully I found a place that can help me now zsduncan 4 4,100 11-12-2013, 12:27 PM
Last Post: 1171
  FCE stopped due to pain, now TTD stopped constantpain 31 22,960 09-20-2013, 06:48 PM
Last Post: jayne
  TTD stopped for a year, just started again constantpain 18 12,810 05-09-2013, 10:23 PM
Last Post: constantpain
  Case Mgr stopped all medical care constantpain 8 7,969 03-24-2013, 10:27 PM
Last Post: constantpain