Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is all this mean??
I got injured at work its call RSI and been in treatment since 3/14/12
Had Physical therepy, acupuncture, myofascial, quiropractor name it the whole nine yards. My doctor told in November that I was only able to work 3 days a week from then on and I needed to make the decision to accept that and I did. But in January 2013 I received a letter saying that I was placed to work 5 days, meaning full time without restrictions. I reported to work and started working but in the back of my head I was wondering if I was gonna be able to handle the work load, and yet 3 weeks later i started to suffer the strain. I reported that i wasn't feeling well and that my other shourlder, neck, arm and hand were hurting. I went to see the doctor after fighting with the workers claim adjuster lady gave an approval and the doctor put me back on three days. I really feel that the doctor told me 3 days and he wrote on the report 5 days. He is not liable for what he did. and now I'm not getting any better and possibly be placed on QIW which I think is unfair.
Any help? suggestion??

Your options are different in each state.
Maybe you want a second medical opinion or to change doctors?
There might be other jobs where you can get more hours.
Your restrictions need to be clarified as to what activities you can and can't do.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(06-03-2013, 08:52 PM)1171 Wrote: Your options are different in each state.
Maybe you want a second medical opinion or to change doctors?
There might be other jobs where you can get more hours.
Your restrictions need to be clarified as to what activities you can and can't do.

Thank you for your reply!
I wanted to ask for a second opinion to go see any doctor of my choice but according to the workers claim adjuster it will have to be QME?
I dont know how the whole system works but I'm justs staying now with the same provider. I have been working 3 days per week up to about a month and only was paid for the hours that I was working and due to the doctor decided that I could work 5 days as permanent and stationary. workers is not responsible for paying anything for the 2 days Iwas taking off. Is that true?
Thansks for your help!!
Thank you for your reply!
I wanted to ask for a second opinion to go see any doctor of my choice but according to the workers claim adjuster it will have to be QME?
I dont know how the whole system works but I'm justs staying now with the same provider. I have been working 3 days per week up to about a month and only was paid for the hours that I was working and due to the doctor decided that I could work 5 days as permanent and stationary. workers is not responsible for paying anything for the 2 days Iwas taking off. Is that true?
Thansks for your help!!

As I posted, the rules are different in each state.
In North Dakota,they would not pay.
In Michigan they would.
Since you won't post your state, no one can answer your questions.
http://www.workerscompensation.com/forum...?tid=10146

You can also use the search feature to find answers to your questions.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(06-05-2013, 08:35 PM)1171 Wrote: As I posted, the rules are different in each state.
In North Dakota,they would not pay.
In Michigan they would.
Since you won't post your state, no one can answer your questions.
http://www.workerscompensation.com/forum...?tid=10146

You can also use the search feature to find answers to your questions.

Oh, I see! I'm in California. Do you recommend I find a lawyer?
Thank you for everything!

you can see a doctor of your choice but will have to pay for it yourself.
the process to dispute a doctor's opinion uses a Qualifice Medical Examiner
more here
http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/medicalUnit/faqIW.html
temporary disability ends when you have reached Maximum Medical Improvement.
at that point your permanent impairment needs to be rated in order to calculate additional disability.
for more information on PD read the factsheet D
http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/iwguides.html

if you want to buy out your claim or go to court you should contact an atty that specializes in workers compensation
here is a list
caaa.org

if you want to keep your benefits, contact the I&A officer for advice
http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/IandA.html
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thank you very much!

you're welcome. hope it helps.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.