Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My PM doctor
Florida.

So my work comp PM doctor decided a couple weeks ago to take me off of Opana pretty rapidly, due to memory loss. I have been without opiates for almost two weeks. My whole being is in pain - psychologically and physically.

I spoke to my psych. doctor and he seems irritated at how I am being treated. For the past 6 months he has been underprescribing me medication. Just enough to stay on the couch. Now, I can't go more than 5 minutes without my back screaming.

What bothers me most is that I gained 80 lbs or more since the injury. I can't exercise right now. I dieted last month and I only stayed the same weight. I should be able to be without pain so I can exercise. No?

if you don't want to use your change of doctor or don't want to request a second medical opinion, the only other option is to pay for your own opinion and/or treatment.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(05-28-2013, 09:26 PM)1171 Wrote: if you don't want to use your change of doctor or don't want to request a second medical opinion, the only other option is to pay for your own opinion and/or treatment.

Am I able to request a second medical opinion without paying for my own opinion and/or treatment.

Also, if I decide to treat with my own doctor can that destroy the case. That's what my lawyers say.

you are confused about the difference between treatment and opinion/consultation.
treatment involves directly intervening and changing your medical condition.
an opinion means analysis of medical information and formulation of a possible treatment plan. it does not do anything to/for your condition.
comp does not limit the number of medical opinions that may be used on a work injury.
review the consultation with your treating doctor before deciding on further action.

as I posted before:
ask your doctor to get a second opinion. a second opinion is not treatment. a request for a second opinion/consultation by your treating doctor is not a change of treating doctors.
you can get treatment at the carriers expense by requesting a change of treating doctor.

accept the legal advice of your comp atty or talk to other attys and switch if necessary.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(05-29-2013, 02:52 PM)1171 Wrote: you are confused about the difference between treatment and opinion/consultation.
treatment involves directly intervening and changing your medical condition.
an opinion means analysis of medical information and formulation of a possible treatment plan. it does not do anything to/for your condition.
comp does not limit the number of medical opinions that may be used on a work injury.
review the consultation with your treating doctor before deciding on further action.

as I posted before:
ask your doctor to get a second opinion. a second opinion is not treatment. a request for a second opinion/consultation by your treating doctor is not a change of treating doctors.
you can get treatment at the carriers expense by requesting a change of treating doctor.

accept the legal advice of your comp atty or talk to other attys and switch if necessary.

Thanks for clarifying that. So my pain doctor, who referred me back to that joke of a neurosurgeon, is able to give me a referral, or opinion, to a new neurosurgeon.
Must this doctor refer me to a doctor that the WC approve? Can he send me to any neurosurgeon that he wants.
Will the IC pay for that second opinion?

I really appreciate your help.

Tell your lawyer you want to be refered to a new doctor. Explain how unhappy you are with the treatment your being given. Have your lawyer call the adjuster, and get the okay.

(05-29-2013, 06:18 PM)dusty boy Wrote: Tell your lawyer you want to be refered to a new doctor. Explain how unhappy you are with the treatment your being given. Have your lawyer call the adjuster, and get the okay.

Yeah I called my lawyer and they ask me to do the legwork. The paralegal told me to urge my neurosurgeon, who despises me, to write a letter stating that he discharged me.
Thing is, he never used that word. He just said you have to seek another opinion because "we don't see eye to eye".

Tell the paraleagle to have the lawyer call you. He may not be aware that there is such a serious problem between you and the doctor.

(05-29-2013, 07:24 PM)dusty boy Wrote: Tell the paraleagle to have the lawyer call you. He may not be aware that there is such a serious problem between you and the doctor.

I appreciate all of your responses. Will keep you updated.

The problem is your pm dr works for wc.and your pm dr is paid good money to screw you over .by not giving you the rite medications that are expensive to wc.i had the same problem.for that dr to take you off of opana and not try another opiate for your pain is terrible.your lawyer is suppose to help you out bye getting you another dr.usally attorneys have there own set of drs for clients.theres a conflict of interest by u seeing a wc dr.you should really speak up about your pain and demand treatment for your pain.everydrug is different.there are many other forms of pain meds.good luck

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Help please Was on light duty wc doctor....new doctor out of work till .. Feelbad 6 2,583 01-25-2019, 11:45 PM
Last Post: 1171