Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not depressed or in enough pain!

OMG! Does it ever end? I had an evaluation scheduled for this morning for the 3 lower body parts to start PT on. When I get there, and please keep in mind that I still drive one handed, I'm told that the Adjuster denied the claim for my shoulder, neck, knee and ankle and is saying that all that is picked up is my lumbar and thoracic spine. I have never injured my thoracic spine. I feel she is reading someone else's claim. I have called my attorney and am waiting for a call back today. Made it clear it has to be TODAY. The adjuster called my PT facility back and said she pulled the Judge's orders and it says " Only the thoracic and lumbar spine is included, No other medical documentation will be considered" Well that's not what I have from the Judge. Then she tells them that the shoulder was open and the Judge changed his mind. WHAT!!! Wouldn't my attorney and myself have a copy of this??? And why would the thoracic spine be added if I never injured it and never claimed I did???? ALso At this point the mental anguish has become too much for me. I will remind my attorney that I suffer from PTSD and depression (neither is work related) BUT this whole situation for the past 16 months has helped me to have one nervous breakdown and now I feel as if I am working on another. All I am trying to do is get well, physically and emotionally and am still being kicked at all turns. How can an adjuster refuse to do what the Judge ordered her to do???? I have given up.

CAP

Hang in there and stay on your attorney to resolve the PT issue. Yes if there are any changes made from the Judge's order you or your attorney must have notification. You may need to make an appointment with your PTP to also discuss the issue with them. At the very least you need to discuss your mental state that is being aggrevated due to your current injury. You probably should be given a referral to talk to a psychiatrist. Although you state that your PTSD and depression are are not work related the aggrevation of these conditions could well be attributed to your work injury.

Cap, I am so sorry you are having to deal with this. It does sound like the I/A is reading someone else's file. Let us know what happens. I sure hope it is just a screw up on the adjusters part.

Sorry you are having problems Cap,All I can offer is some support to you and hope this gets taken care of quickley for you and the adjuster gets her head out of her backside and get you taken care of QUICKLY!Please do your best to hang in there I know it is easier said then done but it will get better!

capricorn Wrote:

OMG! Does it ever end? I had an evaluation scheduled for this morning for the 3 lower body parts to start PT on. When I get there, and please keep in mind that I still drive one handed, I'm told that the Adjuster denied the claim for my shoulder, neck, knee and ankle and is saying that all that is picked up is my lumbar and thoracic spine. I have never injured my thoracic spine. I feel she is reading someone else's claim. I have called my attorney and am waiting for a call back today. Made it clear it has to be TODAY. The adjuster called my PT facility back and said she pulled the Judge's orders and it says " Only the thoracic and lumbar spine is included, No other medical documentation will be considered" Well that's not what I have from the Judge. Then she tells them that the shoulder was open and the Judge changed his mind. WHAT!!! Wouldn't my attorney and myself have a copy of this??? And why would the thoracic spine be added if I never injured it and never claimed I did???? ALso At this point the mental anguish has become too much for me. I will remind my attorney that I suffer from PTSD and depression (neither is work related) BUT this whole situation for the past 16 months has helped me to have one nervous breakdown and now I feel as if I am working on another. All I am trying to do is get well, physically and emotionally and am still being kicked at all turns. How can an adjuster refuse to do what the Judge ordered her to do???? I have given up.

CAP

Hi Cap,

I am sorry you are having a rough time of everything, hopefully everything will work out soon in your favor. Be strong you have gone to far to long to cave in now. Do you think god would have brought you this far to leave you now? Keep the faith

RH

thanks my friends for the support. I am so down now that I really don't care what happens next. I was finally able after winning my case to go to a PT facility near my home, easier for me to drive there, the PT's are great and shoulder/arm felt a little looser. Now I will be forced to go to a PT I don't like and have to drive one handed 20-25 minutes instead of around the corner. Just started sleeping again about a month ago well of course I was up at 4:00 this morning , angry, frustrated and just fed up.

What I did find out that was interesting is that in PA there is no such thing with WC as prior authorization so the IC, adjuster can say whatever they want. I guess she got fed up with people calling her constantly and decided to blow them all off by saying things changed. Nothing has changed. I won. All 5 body parts are included.My attorney assured me that IF the IC didn't pay my medical bills he Would petion the courts and have the IC penalized. So in reality the adjuster did nothing wrong but lie and play head games with the billing people at the PT facility. They will not let me treat there anymore as they are unaware of the law and afraid they won't get paid. Until the adjuster refuses to pay a bill, which she has not, she has done nothing wrong. She' s free to say whatever she wants and that's what she did. Made sure she messed me up getting good quality PT again so I am back to square one. The PT facility hasn't billed yet for the past 6 weeks on my shoulder. Until they do that and either the bill is paid and they see she was feeding them BS or the bill doesn't get paid and then my attorney steps in there are no answers. and I am not arguing with anyone anymore. If youwant to treat me that's great if you don't that's OK too. My attorney told me there is no reason this facility should even be calling to get anything pre-authorized at this point OR putting
me in the middle of billing inquiries. He told me my only job right now is to get well. The stress and lack of sleep are preventing that AGAIN!

CAP

awwwwww sweetie I am so sorry.....will pray for you and people wonder why we distrust adjusters
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

((((((Hugs to you Cap))))))
I am so sorry that you are having to go through all this bull ****!
Gotta hang in there, as you've fought this hard, this long, and are beyond the point of no return, or all your efforts so far are wasted.
We are all pulling for you!
I'll be keeping you in my prayers and thoughts & waving my wand for you to have strength and endurance!!
LillyBig Grin
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

My gosh when does it ever end with these people? I cannot understand as they make it so difficult for iw to heal and try to get back to work with all this BS. Just when you think everything is okay ,,,,whamoooooo they make you even more misrable and upset. Are you on anything for depression cap? If not, i would definitly now try to get your doctor to put you on something and soon. With all that you are going through is enough to drive anyone mad.

Make them pay for antidepressants. If they want to put you through all this. Just make sure you relax and hang in there ( i know it is hard to do) and i understand about the hand thing ( driving one handed) as i do. THat is the reason i quit my LD work at my old employer. It was 3 hours round trip 5 days a week to only work 4 hours. It is so hard to drive with one hand.

I wish you the best.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

Thanks all....I appreciate the support more than you can ever know. I feel so totally alone right now.

Sparkey as far as depression goes I have so many other health issues and am med sensitive that my PCP is really leary of trying anything else. I have taken so many and had horrible side effects. I had a phsychiatrist prescribe last August when I lost it and he gave me something that stopped my BP meds from working , so it's kind of scary. I took elavil years ago with my first back injury and that helped me sleep, kept me mellow and helped with pain. Can't take it anymore as it interacts with my BP meds AND causes a rise in glucose. Since I also have diabetes now it's a no-no.

I swear all the crap that i took after my first back injury destroyed my health. So I'm kind of stuck. I really wish there was something I could take. I would like to go back into counseling ( this is not a part of the Wc case, and I decided to keep it that way) BUT my counselor of 3 years has really outstayed her welcome with me. She has treated me for PTSD and depression and once I made it over the hump she thinks I can make it over every hump. No help the last two session sI had with her. So I guess I could look into another counselor. Last I tried to change they gave me a girl younger than my daughters who sat through the whole sessions telling me I reminded her of her Dad. He was going through all the same crap. OMG, I just don't need to waste anymore time. It's so hard to shower and dress then drive to be aggravated when you get somewhere. I am slowly getting more and more comfortable staying in the house. I spend alot of time alone. I have been told this isn't good BUT have no interest anymore and everything is too painful. Maybe God willing htis PM Dr. can get me on some sort of PM routine med wise since right now and for a long time I have taken nothing. Sorry I went on. I think Hubby is avoiding me as everytime we turn around it's something else with me. Shame I didn't do that to him the 4 years he was on WC and I did everything including council him and talk to his attorney all the time + worked full time and took care of both of his dying parents at the same time. It's a shame how he doesn't have the stamina to see me through more than a couple of months. His attitude is adding to my stress greatly. I just want to sit here and not be bothered. Thank you all for listening.
CAP

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Are you depressed and anxious because of your injury? Buddy1114 1 818 04-07-2020, 07:10 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Confused and Depressed in Maryland Backagain 6 5,469 04-29-2012, 03:33 PM
Last Post: PainandSmiles
  SSD approval...depressed and confused~ sonny1 13 13,286 11-11-2011, 08:23 AM
Last Post: nursedina
  A Little Depressed Today Because........... chrischris 16 10,262 07-01-2010, 09:09 PM
Last Post: chrischris
Question Depressed ems30 18 7,503 10-24-2009, 07:42 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo