Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missouri is latest Republican State to target workers...
The Missouri Legislature has voted to create an online database allowing businesses to check whether job applicants have a history of filing workers' compensation claims.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/380403/...p-database-

they claim it'll speed up hiring. when they really mean it'll speed up discrimination in hiring.
one more example of what happens to workers when they help elect republicans.

they continue to target unions while exempting businesses from the same rules.
http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/morni...union.html

Missouri---not a worker friendly state.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Sounds like a clear cut case of discrimination to me. But then our numbers are so small nobody cares about us any way. No there are those out there that get hurt all the time just for the money. I know a guy at work that got hurt about every 4 or 5 years and would buy himself a new motorcycle with the money. Sad but this was with the same company. If they didn't figure that out nothing would stop a guy like that

(05-14-2013, 04:29 PM)Manley2 Wrote: Sounds like a clear cut case of discrimination to me. But then our numbers are so small nobody cares about us any way. No there are those out there that get hurt all the time just for the money. I know a guy at work that got hurt about every 4 or 5 years and would buy himself a new motorcycle with the money. Sad but this was with the same company. If they didn't figure that out nothing would stop a guy like that

the law itself is not discriminatory but it facilitates discriminatory behavior.
this law is directed at all workers not just those who are injured. when workers don't or won't stand together this can happen.
P.S. it also will allow employers to undermine the comp laws as there will be an incentive for workers to allow the employer to handle the injury under the table and not report it.
just bad public policy all the way around.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

they can and do do that now 1171 this board and those of us that on are on it prove it every damn day.Its not a political thing its a money thing.Just like the Dems pulling all the Tea partys tax forms. No damn body cares about injured workers period.We dont have the money to buy senators or congressmen so we dont get anything only those with money to buy the votes win.I dont want anything I didnt earn anyhow,if I made a habit of getting hurt every few years like Manleys friend then someone needs to know, its butheads like them that has ruined it for those of us that are really hurt and cant get taken care of.I am not asking for anything I didnt earn I paid into the system for over 30 years before I got hurt.
I am not 16 years old with a baby on one tit one in the belly and one walking behind me waiting for my foodstamps and welfare check I worked for what earned.If the worker has nothing to hide and is honest report it.Only the fakes both worker and employer will have to worry about this.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

it's illegal for the employer to charge the employee for their workers comp coverage; all premiums have to paid by the employer.

Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

......and......

Back in the late 80's early 90's I cut pulp for a living, logging was my first job. I did it for many years and continued doing it while working for the company I got hurt with.. But on my pay stubs from logging wc fees were deducted from our wages. Unless it was legal back then.

Nope it's always been illegal in every state to make the employee pay for the employers worker's comp coverage.

Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(05-16-2013, 12:16 AM)1171 Wrote: Nope it's always been illegal in every state to make the employee pay for the employers worker's comp coverage.

Go figure, he obviously couldn't afford his ins premiums so he deducted a few bucks from employee's to help pay.. No wonder why he paid me cash once when I got hurt. I was under cutting and hit a tagalter stick and ran the saw across my shin causing many stitches. He didn't bat an eye when paying me for my week off and dr bills. Logging is a dangerous job and Osha was out at the site at least once a month inspecting equipment safety. After I quit the woods work a co-worker barber chaired a oak tree and nearly took his head clear off, he did die instantly but he wasn't found until the next day. Even though we were never told we couldn't work sundays it was safe practice to not be out alone.. He suffered hefty fines and had no choice but to shut down the business.

pulp wood workers are all self employed here.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  predators who target injured workers California_Help 0 612 02-07-2020, 07:07 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Texas: Nobody takes out-of-state Workers Comp Insurance. HELP!!! johnnywishbone 3 3,616 04-09-2016, 09:14 PM
Last Post: 1171
  NC State WC employees and State Employee bonus CuriousOneNC 1 2,897 01-06-2016, 06:46 PM
  Missouri.Sole Prop & Workers Comp? djiceman 1 3,662 01-12-2012, 11:29 PM
  Where Do I Start? (Missouri) jdarling 4 4,580 02-18-2011, 12:38 PM
  mediation ( missouri ) veggietales 4 6,484 09-20-2010, 07:42 PM
  workers comp ( missouri ) veggietales 3 4,649 09-12-2010, 06:37 PM
Last Post: highdesertguy
  I won my wc case in Missouri but lost the second injury fund won1stlost2nd 4 8,693 08-27-2010, 12:48 AM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  state disability/ workers comp question. highdesertguy 4 13,297 05-03-2010, 04:53 PM
Last Post: highdesertguy
  Do you want a state by state forum? admin 55 40,632 04-28-2010, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Cycler