Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MMI rating still awaiting surgery
My husband was injured on the job last July. His initial diagnosis was a labral tear (right shoulder). He had surgery to repair labrum late August. He went through 12 weeks of physical therapy with his arm only getting weaker by the week. The dr ordered a nerve study and found that his long thoracic nerve is not functioning. In January the ortho doctor released my husband and said that he needed either a muscle transfer or nerve transfer. In January a referral was made for him to have a nerve transfer by the treating dr. Around the same time we received a letter that said he had a state ordered MMI rating with a chiropractor. So then all at the same time, the MMI rating was done, and he was approved for nerve surgeryand WC accepted liability for the nerve damage saying it was done with the initial injury. So now we are caught in a dilemma... We are waiting on a surgery date, trying to dispute the MMI rating and we are already scheduled for a 2nd MMI rating.

Who ordered the first MMI rating and why? He was not at MMI. Do we need to hire an attorney? We met with one attorney in Dallas and I just didn't feel like he was willing to help us or even cared what was going on. Or do we just use an omsbudsman?

We honestly do not care to make money off of this deal... My husband is only 27, we have two little girls and he cannot even throw a ball with them or pick them up. We only want him fixed and preferably not have to be in major debt over this deal.
Also should he have a 2nd MMI rating now? My original thought would be to wait until after the nerve surgery?! The rating should be much lower due to higher functioning of his arm and then the state would not lose more money... I am just so confused!!!

can we assume he was found to have reached Maximum Medical Improvement?
if so, an experienced work comp atty can be of help.

all comp costs are paid by the carrier/employer; comp is not a state funded benefit program.
it is a bit odd for a chiropractor to rate such an injury.

to get help finding lawyers to interview:
http://www.texasbar.com/am/Template.cfm?...ced_Search
or
https://www.wilg.org/index.cfm?pg=publicdirectory
or
the link at the bottom of this page

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Texas is a bit of a strange duck when it comes to WC....maybe you can IM AQA and he can answer a few general questions when it to WC. Welcome to the board I came on decades ago when my husband got hurt also and have stayed thru my injury.....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Texas is a bit of a strange duck when it comes to WC....maybe you can IM AQA and he can answer a few general questions when it to WC. Welcome to the board I came on decades ago when my husband got hurt also and have stayed thru my injury.....

What do you mean IM AQA?

(05-13-2013, 04:31 PM)jayne Wrote: Texas is a bit of a strange duck when it comes to WC....maybe you can IM AQA and he can answer a few general questions when it to WC. Welcome to the board I came on decades ago when my husband got hurt also and have stayed thru my injury.....

send a IM ( instant message) to AQA(his name is AQA) it is also called a PM(private message) this world is full of letters to confuse you. but AQA is from Texas and has been dealing with them for years and knows their system pretty good

Here's a link to his profile,click the link
http://www.workerscompensation.com/forum...ile&uid=32

Awesome!! Thank you! Y'all have been great to me... Responding so quickly!!!

(05-13-2013, 05:56 PM)jayne Wrote: send a IM ( instant message) to AQA(his name is AQA) it is also called a PM(private message) this world is full of letters to confuse you. but AQA is from Texas and has been dealing with them for years and knows their system pretty good

No problem.We help each other out here.

Wonder why they would approve a surgery and then say you are MMI while waiting for it. I know they are trying to save money but I'm think they just have not told you yet they are not going to pay for the surgery

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  co claim...awaiting second impairment rating mandob 29 11,122 07-14-2017, 09:09 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Surgery too risky but set up for fce and ppd rating?? alvinf478 3 1,620 09-19-2015, 06:54 PM
MyBB Awaiting final outcome of case Karfoster711 9 5,770 05-03-2015, 10:52 PM
  rating 0% before surgery..need help discouragedintx 13 6,933 01-07-2008, 04:13 PM
Last Post: discouragedintx